1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Seoul2000, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Seoul2000

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I recently came out to my family, and I am also in a Gay-Straight alliance club at my school. But although I am technically out, not everyone knows because I don't want to force my sexuality on anyone. But my mother really wants me to like tattoo it on my head or something lol. By that I mean she wants me to let everyone know. I just don't think it is their business unless they ask. Should I tell everybody, or just wait until they ask me about who I am dating?

2. CrazyBoutBoyz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If they don't ask you, why do they need to know? If you're 100% okay with them knowing, but don't want to go through the effort of being a gayhovah's witness and going door to door, don't, it'l spread around the grapevine on its own
    (*hug*)bye

3. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

^^Great answer...

4. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with CBB. You do you :slight_smile: On the up side sounds like your mom is pretty cool with it which is awesome :slight_smile:

5. PrsngHppnss8D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Right! I may confess I felt like I should do something like this, but it's because I have OCD and the thought that I should tell everyone (even to people I'm not close to) wouldn't get out of my head. I felt like I should do like an youtube video telling everyone my life, as a protest. But I am so fragile to criticism, weird stares and jokes. So I kinda controlled myself. Not everyone in the world know, only the closest ones.

I did it as a convenience. My parents know, I could not hide it anymore (they were so pissed of) and they just pretended that I am not gay. Everytime I talk something related to homosexuality, they get mad, but their worst fear is letting my family know. So, who else would speak to me? My closest friends, who I needed to know if they would accept the way I am. Once my parents cannot know I told my friends, my paranoid mind asked them (friends) not to tell anyone else, for my own safety (i'm not independent).

6. Majush93

Out Status:
    Some people
    hi :slight_smile: you definitely shouldn´t come out only because your mother wants you to :wink: she is entitled on her opinion but that decision is up to you :wink: only you can know when and if you are ready...if you don´t feel the need to tell everybody then simply don´t :wink: it´s about you and what you feel it´s right for you. Anyway, have a wonderful day :wink:)