1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nick123, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Nick123

Planet Earth (More specifically in Greece)
    Hello,

A couple months ago i came out to my best friend (lets call him John). John was very supportive in the first place but then he started to don't give a fuck about what is happening to me. He also forced me to come out to his girlfriend and two other friends of mine. The problem is that for example i hear my friends talk about girls like This girl has a nice booty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but i can't just say did you saw this guy he has beautiful eyes. :frowning2: So i decided to come out to another friend (Lets call her Maya) because she is really supportive and i know she is ok with Gay "things". Once told me that she loves gay couples because they are so cute together. I want to come out to her but i don't know every single time i try all my courage magically disappears and bad thoughts fill my mind. Any ideas???

2. MayaBee

To be honest, just go for it! I have the same problem every time I came out so someone, but in the end, you just gotta go and force yourself to say "I need to tell you something" or similar, because once you did this, there is no way back. And thats a good thing! Coming out is so liberating and you seem to be ready, good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Elli

Hi! I know what you mean, when I told my best friend about my "situation", I couldn't even do it in person, I wrote the text I would send him in a text doc copied it and pasted it and sent while looking away because I was so freaking nervous and had to force myself so hard - but like MayaBee said, starting with like "There's something I have/want to tell you" might make it easier in the way that you can't turn back as easily.

Good luck pal!

4. Nick123

Planet Earth (More specifically in Greece)
    Thank you :slight_smile: I hope i'll find the courage tomorrow to speak to my friend.

5. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I came out to my best friend 2 weeks ago! I went to a bar with her, and after 1hour chatting about our busy lifes, I manage to tell her! I was so nervous..I couldnt even say the word! Now, Im struggling to tell to other friends...4 friends to be exactly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: we are a small group in college..and that the time has come to tell them and its so dificult!
    ^^ Hope you find your courage!!

6. starwars7

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was the same with the first person I told. I basically asked her to meet for dinner over text, then when she agreed I said to her plus I need your advice on something (I was questioning at the time). I did that so that when we met she would ask me what advice I wanted. This ensured that I didn't shy away from telling her. It worked because she asked me, so I told her! It's so difficult to say the words but I wish you good luck! :grin:

7. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told her that I needed to talk with her...like 3 days before..she was worried! Then we met and well I havent slept in that night (thinking in all the possible cenarios that could happen: like she could run away screaming xDD etc). In the end, she support me and said nothing would change between us :grin:
    ^^