1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Scentedcandle, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Scentedcandle

Soo these this gurl i work with and shes comply amazing.. We get along so well, Iv never really thought about girls b4 her, shes changed my views on everything tho. I just wanna be around her all the time. She has a boyfriend tho, and hes a nice enogh guy we actually get on really well which just makes it all so much harder.. Should i tell her? its just that it geting harder to work with her. i just want it to all go away!

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Becareful because it IS a work environment and you're bound to create tension if it goes awry. When it comes to co-workers, I usually find it better not to say anything. You have to see her face every day too plus sexual harassment may be brought against you in worst case. :slight_smile:

That's just my 2cents though.

3. biisme

Do you believe that she is interested in you?

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she's taken, she's out of bounds for as long as the relationship lasts. Being the 'other woman' isn't a good idea. How well do you know her? Becoming her friend might be your best option - if the relationship ends, something might develop between you, and if it doesn't or if she's not interested, you'll still have a good friend.

5. curiousdude

I think that becoming closer friends is the way to go here. Ask her to grab a coffee or drink after work sometime and just have fun getting to know her better. You never know what could happen down the road...

6. Miles D

Lots of people advocate "sharing your feelings". Personally, telling a girl that you work with that's straight and in a relationship that you like her won't make anything better.
    Try talking to other friends about her (or here!)
    or try writing letters to her and then throwing them away. So, like, put all your feelings on paper and get them out of your system.
    :slight_smile:

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I concur with Mr. Coke. If she is your co-worker, I'd seriously have doubts about asking her because she will have to see you every day...but if she's already taken, something I don't think I saw the first time--it's a no-no. You'll really cross the threshold of no return if you come out to her, especially if her BF is really good to her.

8. Scentedcandle

Yup hes a good guy. We are close and have had a few drinks toghter and stuff and i think url al right.. its a work thing so a no go.

9. bruenor92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    omg i know u should never get in a relationship with sum1 u work with but there is a freakin hot ass guy who works at my work and i just want to jump him everytime hes there, arghh, im angry

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I work in an almost all male crew. >_> Its hard...but don't let your primal urges seize your sanity and moral foundation. Otherwise you'll earn a terrible reputation that you can never rid yourself of. XD I've been accused of being a little too friendly to my boss before, and heard many derogatory and nasty things. Sad to say, they're untrue. And believe me, I wish they were but straight people can get a little jealous that the boss likes you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That being said. Don't mess with co-workers. It rarely if ever works out to your benefit in the long run.

11. Scentedcandle

lol yea i fully no what u mean and you have to see them evryday knowing you cant! it gets hard trying to stop thinkn about it!

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Totally. Not to mention, I've only found one person I actually liked (completely) that was gay. No Bi takers yet. They seem to hide in the Batcave. >_<)

13. Scentedcandle

grr its hard!

14. Pendrin2020

Yeah, I'm in the same predicament. He's engaged and completely amazing. he's not a postcard for tall, dark, and handsome it's his personality. It's like, "dear god, stop looking me in the eyes or I'm gonna jump you!" I keep avoiding him, but the thing is, we're really good friends. I think I'm gonna have to put some serious space between us and talk to some people about this. He sits like two seats away from me at work so it's tough to put him out of my mind.

My suggestion is to walk away for now. Get some space. Take a good long look at what turns you on about her.

For me it's the fact that no matter how much I talk to this guy, he's a complete mystery. for some reason, that's just sexy to me. That and he doesn't share a damned thing about his feelings.... Wait a second, he' just like my mother. HOLY SHIT IT'S A FREUDIAN THING!!!

No joke, I just realized that. sympathetic yet doesn't talk about emotions, sick sense of humor, gigantic heart... This is fucked. I need a shrink. Like... NOW.

#14 Pendrin2020, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  15. Scentedcandle

I think its the same thing 4 me she listens to me like a best friend and thats algud but the fact that she f hot just gets me everytime ha, So manybe some time of work? did you take any off?

16. Pendrin2020

No I'm just gonna move my seat, I can't afford to take time off.

17. Alex19

well, u know what u gotta do. i dont like anyone at my work. the only one gay guy there is 1- too old and 2- hes not my type. all the other guys are straight. i wish i had some eye candy at work... :frowning2: