1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out, and feeling dizziness caused by anxiety

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Erzulie, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Erzulie

I just came out to one of my best friends today (now i'm out to 3 people) because I just started dating a girl I've had a crush on for a while. We just spent pretty much the entire weekend together and monday morning before she left my place we kissed. I really like her, but am feeling a lot of anxiety. Part of it is just being overwhelmed because I've never been in a relationship before, and the other part is me not wanting to mess this up, and the other part is just the anxiety from the unknown. It has gotten so bad that I'm starting to feel dizzy/lightheaded and my fingers and toes start feel tingly. I also start to feel slightly nauseous. Is this normal? I'm trying a bunch of different techniques to try and calm down but it's not working out so well. What should I do? Also, I don't know if this is the right forum for this, so please let me know if it should be posted in another one.

2. Buttercup2

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Whoa. You've really got a thing for her!

I've never really been in a formal relationship either, but I'm thinking that those symptoms are a bit heavy. I really don't want to be "that" girl, but if things don't start to get better soon, you might want to think about seeing a doctor if you can. Relationships can cause people to do some silly things, but I don't think becoming literally dizzy is supposed to be one of them. That might just be me, though.