1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May have outed myself need advice please!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Throwaway12345, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Throwaway12345

So I'm quite flustered at the minute. I recently started playing for a mens sports team and have been getting along with the guys great. Today I was with one of the guys and he was showing me an app to download and when I went on to the play store app it came up with ****** as I'd been looking at gay dating apps last thing.

I don't know if he saw it but I feel like he did. The club is very "Lads Lads Lads" and I really don't want him to tell anyone else but I feel like if he did see it then its like a little bit of gossip, and I don't want people acting weird around me because I actually enjoy playing for the team.

Any advice would be appreciated because I'm in a bit of a mess at the minute.

2. FreshApple

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    He probably didn't see it(I rarely see suggestions). If he did, he still probably didn't think any of it. Just wait and see if they start to give hints before doing anything.

3. Throwaway12345

It wasn't just the suggestion it was the whole page to download the app so it was pretty obvious.

4. Throwaway12345

I'm sure he's told some people at the club since they gave me unusual looks today when I saw them around. I've got training in 20 mins any advice of how to deal with it if anyone says anything?

I feel so sick right now I don't know if I can deal with this.

#4 Throwaway12345, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  5. FreshApple

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You are stronger than you think and you will be able to deal with it.
    They probably don't dare to ask anyway. Are they really giving unusual looks or do you think they do? Maybe it's just in your mind.

In case they ask about it, just waive it off like: "yeah, I needed an app but clicked the wrong one, had some problem with the app store so I tried to close it. Was pretty weird.."

6. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't assume anything and see how it goes. The Welsh rugby player, Gareth Thomas had similar concerns about coming out to "the lads", but he found the lads to be incredibly supportive.

If they do ask directly, take a deep breath and be honest with them. They know you as a person now and you will only dig a hole for yourself if you deny it now and have to do a full u turn later.

7. demigodjay

Don't assume anything. Even if they gave you weird looks, unless someone confronts you just act normal, because in that case they aren't bothered with it enough to confront you.