1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I met this girl and I need help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Remington, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Remington

She really likes me. And it's flattering because I'm not used to anyone really finding me attractive at all.

She said she wants a relationship.

I'm bad with relationships. I've only had one real, true monogamous relationship (and I was fine with it, I prefer monogamy). It was with a guy, hilariously.

But I sort of messed around with this other girl a while ago, and it ended really badly. And I'm not entirely over it.

She came over tonight and after she left she texted me and told me she wanted to kiss me...and I did too.

But at the same time I don't know if I'm at a point in my life that I can be responsible to handle a relationship.

I do like this girl, and wouldn't mind pursuing it and seeing where it goes, but I don't want to ruin it by saying I'm not ready for a relationship after all. I would like to keep her as a friend if it doesn't work out, because I don't have a lot of friends here and she's fun to hang out with.

Any suggestions?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you show her this post, or tell her in the same sort of words you used here? Try explaining to her that at the moment you're not ready to jump into a full-on relationship, but you do like her, and you'd like to start slow and see how it goes.

3. Sarah

^ i agree with wat was said above. tell her how u feel nd tat u wanna stay friends but u do really lik her. =) XD

4. Greggers

Starting slow sounds like a good thing to try. Im sure if she truely likes you, she will not mind. It might help you to get over your bad relationship if you find a truly good one :slight_smile: (give you hope and all haha) She sounds nice though! I would for sure try and work something out.

5. mcrteenagers

It's all about communicating your feelings. As easy and simple as it sounds, telling somebody what your feeling is harder than most of us think. It sounds like you already know what needs to be said, its just the matter of telling her.

And if you feel that a relationship right now isn't a good idea, trust your instinct. This isn't meant to be harsh, but if she can't accept that and respect what your saying, then that's ignorant on her part.

When I meant my boyfriend he said he wasn't ready for a relationship, so I backed away and remained friends. 4 months later, he was ready, and the fact that I was still there waiting for him makes our relationship that much stronger:slight_smile: