1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need somewere to vent? Need someone to talk to? Try me :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greggers, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Greggers

Hello EC,

I honestly and truly want to help anyone whos out there struggling with any sort of coming our problems, family problems, or whatever it may be. I know what is like to be closeted all throughout high school in a fiercely anti-gay environment, have family and friends your not sure about coming out to, ive had the bad reactions ive had the good reactions, ive had alot happen to me recently. I really dont want other people to have to go through the same situation as i did, because i know if someone got to me sooner, even just to listen to me vent, it would have helped alot. So please! Drop me a Private Message, a Wall Post, or even post on this thread! I really want to hear your problems, and if i can help out. Im not all knowing god or anything, but im opinionated? :slight_smile: So please, if your struggling, feeling lonely, have second thoughts about coming out, or maybe if you want to hear my story, talk to me. I pop on and off the site all the time, i can keep a back and forth convo up with you all day :slight_smile:

Even if you decide not to drop me a message, just know that people out there truly DO care, and want to hear your problems. (*hug*)

- Greg

2. Bryan44

Thanks Greg.

3. musican

I have a sleep study tomorrow and I really don't want to go. I don't think that they'll find anything other than possibly finding out that I can't sleep because I get really lonely in my room at night and I cry dry tears and I want to avoid that so I don't go to bed until I'm exhausted. *throws book*

4. Greggers

If your going to a sleep study, im sure its for a reason right? Who knows, maybe they will be able to help. I have problems sleeping, so i take melatonin or something. Its a natural thing found in your body that helps kick-start the sleep process. Taking extra amounts helps. The thing is, ALL the lights need to be off for it to work. If you want to avoid crying yourself to sleep every night, you might need to fix the root of the problem: Why your crying. If its lonleyness, maybe you should try chatting on EC right before you sleep? It might help you feel less alone :slight_smile:

Whatever happens tomorrow with the sleep study though, good luck! i hope you get answers (*hug*)

5. musican

I am taking melatonin actually and that does make me get sleepier faster, but it's still not good because I'm still tired all the time partly from bad sleep and partly because I'm depressed. I'm trying to work on the things that are causing me to cry, but it's hard to work on things when school and getting out of bed get in the way. Talking to people on EC does help a little bit, but it isn't what I need, which is to have someone physically with me.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Are you really that sad not having a companion? Does it hurt that much?

7. Greggers

Oh my, i TOTALLY understand :frowning2: Like...I dunno how else to put it. Its almost like if i typed that sentence, i would have used every single word the same down to the last letter. I am so deathly depressed about being alone. It piles up with work and school and everything else until its almost so unbearable, you can do nothing but lay in your bed and sob. Im glad that the melatonin and EC are somewhat helping though! Atleast its something. I personally watch an episode of a show that makes me feel accepted and loved before i go to bed. It works WONDERS for me. Its almost fixed the sleeping problem i have. Examples would be Kathy Griffin life on the D-List, The Cho Show, or anything with pro-gay themes. For some reason when i watch Kathy Griffin i feel as if the world is not so stacked up against me. She is such a wonderful and funny person, and how gay friendly she is makes me feel so warm inside.

But yes, some people have whats called "Love by Contact". Its one of the six ways people Love. Its this study or something they did. Everyone loves via one of six different ways. Love by actions, things like buying gifts, doing chores, helping out with work. Love by words, just saying "i love you" or other compliments and such. There are a few others, but the one i have is Love by contact. I need that physical aspect to feel loved. Hugging, cuddling, kissing, holding hands, these are what make me feel not alone. This is why EC never seems to cut it for me. I need physical things.

It might help if you find something that makes you all warm and bubbly inside before you go to bed. A comforting song, a good book, comfort food, or like me an episode of a TV show. Whatever it is, it could really help. Try looking for whatever it is that will give you that feeling.

8. Greggers

Short answer: Yes.

Some people need that connection, such as myself, as i somewhat explained in the comment above :slight_smile:

9. musican

I don't understand it and I don't know how to explain it either. When I go to bed it's dark and I'm alone with my thoughts and they're not usually happy thoughts. Night is the time that I can be myself and not worry about what other people think; night is the time that I stop pretending to be happy and I just am. When I'm lying there in the darkness I get this feeling like there's a hole in my stomach or that I have to curl up in a ball and I can't curl up small enough. I just want someone to be there because maybe I wouldn't feel that bad. I don't know.

10. musican

I don't understand why I want that now when I have succeeded in pushing people away and made the rule that I don't get hugs. *sigh* Life is complicated.

11. Greggers

I dunno, but you can always go back on the rule. Be honest with your friends. Tell them your a hugging person if you are one. They wont mind im sure, its not a friendship ender haha

12. musican

If anyone watched Grey's Anatomy with the doctor that has Asperger's and she freaked out and she told them to hold her, I think it's kind of like that, but I don't know.

13. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG. I agree - we are people. We need love. It's just a whole lot harder to get when most of the people we like would have no interest in us at all.

As for sleeping problems... does spending mosat nights up until midnight reading forums, deviantART and chatting with friends count as a sleeping problem? I try not to think about it, if i started to cry or get depressed i wouldn't be able to stop myself.

I get depressed easily, but most of the time i'm a very upbeat/happy guy. My friends think it's weird - i listen to VERY emo music, but outwardly i'm about the last person you would dream of calling an emo. I have dyed blodne hair, i'm always happy, I have heaps of friends. i guess that music is my release, not crying or depression. weird i guess.

/rant.

Kaleb.

14. ricoca

Awww Greg. I totally dig you doing this :grin:
    Thanks so much for being there for us (me especially).

XOXO
    Rico

15. Greggers

RICO! Your the best :slight_smile: Talk to me anytime baby <3