1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AndySays, Mar 14, 2016.

1. AndySays

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, I'm in a very shitty situation.

So, about six months ago I came out to my mom (both as trans and bi) and she took it quite well, even though she seemed to believe my gender identity was just a phase. However, she slowly started acting really mean and wouldn't leave me express myself the way I want to; now she wouldn't let me go to my prom in a suit and she pretends we never had that conversation at all. I really don't know what to do, like, should I come out yet again? I'm pretty sure she didn't get me wrong, she just chose to ignore my statement.

I'm not sure what to do, because I'm leaving home soon anyway, but I can't put up with all this shit for much longer. Not only does my mom pretend that she doesn't remember our conversation, but she also keeps saying really transphobic things along with my dad (who doesn't know I'm trans, because he'd judge me and probably never speak to me ever again). I feel really isolated and obliged to act as if I was a cisgender girl, which I am definitely not and I am not going to embarrass myself like this.

So now what? Should I talk to her? Should I wait until I move out and then talk to her? Should I not talk to her at all? (after all, I'm leaving the city soon, so I won't be seeing my parents this often anyway)

I don't know.

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ran away 10000 km from my family. The problems didn't disappear. It will go along with you.

You can't run away from problems. You need to talk to her again. Calmly. Don't accuse her, show her how you feel and how her actions hurt you.

Cheers.