1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all alone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shark567911, Mar 14, 2016.

1. shark567911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi everyone
    i finally think it is time to come out to my older sister. the reason is because i feel all alone. I have completely embraced my sexuality and am proud, however, i feel sad hiding this huge secret all alone. i am not the type of person who keeps so many secrets at all but i need to tell someone. I dont like keeping secrets and i want to include my sister in this huge part of me. I know she loves me and will be ok, but my nerves have gotten the best of me and i keep psyching myself out. can you please share how you got through this and what you did. I NEED GOOD IDEAS TO COME OUT. something fun hearted and funny because i cannot handle an emotional deep conversation.
    please help
    love you all :kiss: LGBT PRIDE(!):eusa_danc

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. It doesn't matter how you come out to the supportive and accepting people.
    I got friends that knew I was bi from the beginning but lately I have came out as transsexual. To my best friend, I wrote with reconciliation message. It was something like "sorry for the fuss and btw I'm going to trans support group and use male pronouns again.".
    With others, I was trying to mention it casually. During the talk on life you get with friends.

With your sister if you're watching some film together, talking about actors etc. you can just say "he is my type/he isn't my type, etc." If she's straight, you can joke about having the same interests - liking guys etc.

Don't stress out. Just say it. She's supportive. And even if you want to keep it casual, it's possible you will get really emotional because you said it aloud, you've vot ally on your side and you feel relief. Emotions aren't bad things. No need to be cool. And emotions don't mean you aren't proud.

All the best.