1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm having a dilemma crisis

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JessieLately, Mar 15, 2016.

1. JessieLately

I have announced myself as Bi-queer but really think that I'm wrongly self titled. I've been having anxiety and a few sleepless nights about it. Please note that yes I was born female but as time goes on Ive called myself bisexual but now being 38 I'm unsure of that. In my brain and being even though I am a woman from birth my brain and being feels completely like a man meaning looks like a woman but my brain is a fella. I couldn't think or even understand that I would be transgender even though I despise/disconnect from my boobs but I have no issues or dysphoria with my vagina. Can anyone please give me your thoughts and ideas or suggestions of what I should do and please no I am greatly thinking about going to counseling for it even though I have been getting counseling for anxiety and PTSD.

2. NicoC123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think counseling is great for some people! It really helps you talk through this. As for mislabeling yourself dont worry; sexual, romantic, gender, and self identities take a long time to figure out. There is no such thing as having "one chance" at labeling yourself. Take it one step at a time and label yourself how you feel comfortable, and if that changes so be it; no one can blame you for trying to figure yourself out. It's hard, but you can do this. Take your time, focus on you, and be happy. It will take time to really figure it out especially with so much confusion, but a counselor or even a friend can really help you talk through things and sort it out. Hope it goes well!

3. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was mislabelling myself with gender for years even tho I knew I'm somewhere on trans spectrum. I think I'm at home now. :wink: Now I started going to sexuologist for the diagnosis.
    I don't have vagina dysphoria (so far). I can't stand the upperparts.

You could go for a support group, meet some T people, take things slowly to make sure or start diagnosis.

I started to challenge my label/denial as genderqueer in the late November. Been overanalysing things (and talk to people that were advanced in transition) for two more months until I allowed myself to use ts ftm as label. During all this time I have been doing small steps. In the beginning of March I took the first official step on my way to diagnosis. I'm doing more and more steps. I feel great.

#3 Kiran, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  4. JessieLately

Thank you Kiran & Nico for speaking to my situation. I think I'm going to join counseling session at the Orlando GLBTQ center.

#4 JessieLately, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016