1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out as lesbian.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lesbiankitty, Mar 16, 2016.

1. lesbiankitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in a Catholic high school and although they claim to be supportive of all people, I have heard many homophobic comments by students and staff members. I want to come out as lesbian, but I am afraid of not being accepted and because there are no currently out people, I do not know how everyone will react. I have come out to my mom, my brothers and my best friend already. I have identified as lesbian since the age of ten and I am sick of living a lie. All I want is to be myself. Should I come out? How?

2. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going through a very similair thing. I'm going to a baptist christian school (although not supportive at all) If you know that the Catholic school won't kick you out, that's a step in the right direction. You have the ability to come out it's your choice if you want to. Know that kids and faculty will be homophobic because of personal beliefs. I personally would in that situation (because people like that don't bother me) When I was in public school, I "came out" by either it coming up naturally in conversation or mentioning my girlfriend or saying how I thought a girl was cute. People caught on very quickly. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!