1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To come out to my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sek, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Sek

Sek

The closet is finally almost vacated, I've told all my friends and work colleagues and I actually find it easy and straightforward to come out to people outside of my family now.

However I have still not officially told any members of my family. I'm going away for a second holiday with my boyfriend, the first time I lied and said it was a university trip. I want to be honest and tell my mum first, but each time I try I get gut wrenching feelings and can't do it.

I have never been a fan of admittting my sexuality outright because I think that's only the business of who I choose to sleep with. However I do want to tell my mum I have a boyfriend and that I'm going away with him for a holiday.

Any words of encouragement or wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2. BisexualQueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck telling your mom! Coming out to parts of my family was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Just be calm and answer any questions she might have. :slight_smile: