1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it easy to say ILU?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ricoca, Feb 17, 2009.

1. ricoca

I find it so difficult to say those three words. I can't say it out loud like 'I LOVE YOU' or ' <33333333333'. or anything! I can't even say I love you to my own brother, sister and parents! I feel awkward saying it to friends, even those that I'm close to.

Is it difficult for you to say it?

2. Greggers

I say it like its about to go out of fashion and im milking it while it lasts! ...or however the stupid phrase goes (always sucked at those...)

I always mean it to! I say i love you alot, because i have so much love inside me and i dont know how else to express it :frowning2:

3. OneHatMadder

I say it to my friends.
    That's it.

Apart from that I have SERIOUs problems saying it.

Mama is a commitment phobe to the extreme.

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I've never said it to a man because its not honest...but I have said "I wanna bang you" if that is anything along the same lines. Lol I remember saying that and he laughed. "Sorry darling, I dont bottom" was his response. xD

5. Greggers

Are you sure your closeted? :eek:

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

It was a friends with benefits. xD And we're both closets so we always joked about it when secluded. We'd never be seen in public together.

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Or rather, perhaps...I'm poking my head out of the closet? XD

8. Greggers

The air is fresh out here :wink: Much better for your skin too

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've found it quite hard to say it. First because I know I didn't. And then, when I finally did, because I hadn't said it all those years. But practice has made it easier. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. Mr Bojangles

I find it hard to say to my boy, but to everyone else, it's easy ;L

11. Miles D

I say "love you!" to my friends all the time, and tell my parents I love them all the time, but as for "significant others", i find it really hard to say... maybe just because i've never really meant it?

12. Alex19

i never say it. i wasnt really raised to say it all that often. and i dont have a significant other to say it to so im at a loss i guess lol

13. Mana

I don't say it unless I really actually mean it. I never say it to friends... I feel bad because they're all like "We love youuuuuu!" and I usually reply with "yeah..." or "aww" :-/ I went throug a period of replying with "that's a bit forward, ain't it?" in a kind of Russell Brand voice :-/ I can't beleive myself -_-

I've only ever really told one person (in a non-family way) that I love them...

14. musican

It can be weird to say I love you. Usually the only time I say it is when I'm laughing at something that someone did and I say I love them for doing that or if I'm being sarcastic because they said something a little rude. It's easier for me to say I <3 you.

15. Bryan

I say it all the time, but I dont really mean it. Saying it and meaning it is REALLY HARD for me to do.

16. Jace

Yeah I have a hard time telling people I love them, except like family, with family I'm totally cool
    But with friends, like unless you're my very bestestest friend you won't hear it from me

Its funny, this girl in my BCIS class(computers) was all "I love you, jace"
    And see I don't really like her all that much, she's kindof annoying actually
    So in my head I was like "yeah, well uh I uh don't uh really uh uh like you at all uh"

But I was just like " that's nice. " :/
    Lol

17. Methinks English needs another word for love... Maybe more than one.
    I can say it to my sister easily, and my neice and nephews. My parents, not so much. I can also say it easily to friends. But IMO, I love you is overused. It kind of loses its meaning.
    There's love, the familial type.
    Then there's the friend type.
    And then there's the in-love type.
    We need three words for love. (I know this is slightly less coherent than I usually am, but I'm tired, so give me a break.)

18. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I've tried "I appreciate you alot" before...despite it sounding incredibly fugging corny..