1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to come out to my mom but not sure how.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rubysaphire, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Rubysaphire

Ive been considering coming out as bisexual to my mom for a while now but not sure how to go through with it. I get anxiety when it comes to serious conversations to the point were I can barely tell a friend Im moving down the street. I thought about the casual approach but im not sure how to go through with it. Even with the letters im not sure how to put it to words.

Ive never really come out to anyone except for a few friends who came out to me first.

2. Equus19

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there :slight_smile: I'm pretty much in the same boat as you actually. I would suggest writing down what you want to say. Not necessarily in a letter, but free write it. Get the words out on paper before you say them out loud. It's sort of like outlining it for later. I can't tell you how many times I've written down what I want to say and gone over it in my head. Unfortunately I haven't really said much to my mom yet either (I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian, no boys for me). But any time I've really wanted to talk to my mother about something serious I've written something down first. Just for myself :slight_smile:

3. Rubysaphire

Thanks I might try that actually.