1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ch ch ch changes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by New Camo Daz, Feb 17, 2009.

1. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey everyone kinda reflecting on my thought and feelings about guys (in other words finding if im gay or bi or straight). But just a thought if i do decide im gay or bi do you think people will dislike me more or my friends opinion about me will change?

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yes and yes. There's always hatred and distrust for things that people cannot understand. Anything uncontrollable is always going to draw ire from those who wish to control. But, you will always find new friends and people who will not judge you or will love you for not WHAT you are but WHO you are.

3. Bryan44

Hmm.. I think that if they are true friends then their overall opinon of you wont change. It will just take them some time to get used to it if they are not already exposed to some kind of gay/bi/lesbian lifestyle. But The Enigma is right, if for some reason your friens show disapproval, there are always new friends out there who will love and cherish you for who you are.

4. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah hopefully things wouldn't change if i decided iwas gay or bi.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It shouldn't matter at all. Once you have figured your identity out, it shouldn't matter if you are gay, bi or straight! Your sexual identity is only a small part of you. There are tons of other things/qualities that define you as a person. These are the qualities that your friends like about you. They don't change.

As it was said above, true friends will accept you for who you are. When you come out to them, have you changed? No! You are still the same person. Sure, if your friends don't suspect something, it might come as a bit of a surprise, but it should not change their opinion of you. In fact, it should make a friendship stronger because you are sharing something (which is very important to you) about you with them.

6. OneHatMadder

People's opinions will change.

But in saying that most peoples opinions changed for the better.
    I got more friends than before through coming out :grin:

7. mcrteenagers

I think people might dislike the idea, but no, they won't dislike you. Just because you come out, people need to understand that your the same person you were before (minus your preferences). Although it might be a shock to people, and they might not agree with the idea of homo/bisexuailty, its not really about you.