1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian but a guy likes me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by trentie00, Mar 21, 2016.

1. trentie00

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So theres this guy who I'm friends with, and today he told me he liked me... but i'm a lesbian. So I told him that and he said he doesn't believe me, now when I see him I get real uncomfortable. Any way to make it feel less awkward around him?

2. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure it's his attraction to you that's making him say he doesn't believe it... let him down gently if you can. Friends are hard to come by. Good luck

3. AngelDragonfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This guy likes you.....now that he's told you, he's probably relieved that he got that off his chest and was expecting love and rainbows and unicorns. This probably totally threw him off, so he denied how you feel to make himself feel better. Just imagine you told another girl you liked her and she told you she was straight. So, judging by this guy's reaction, you just have to be gentle and firm if he brings it up again, or the other option would to be blunt and brave and tell him what your feelings and sexual orientation is, and then let it rest, with everything forgotten but you better understood. If he doesn't bring it up, and you don't either, it'll passm but he'll gain no understanding and you will be no better off, and it will never be completely forgotten. It'll just be there. Anyway, think it over, what you want, all the factors, then make your choice. Lots of options out there. Best wishes and luck! (*hug*)(&&&):smilewave:thumbsup::icon_bigg

4. trentie00

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks for the advice guys!! unfortunately i think he's really upset about it. Everytime i try to talk to him he just ignores me. I really feel like our friendship is ruined. is it possible to fix this?

5. marcelinevin

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say give him time. Not too long but enough for him to process it as it can be a shock to people and he's probably feeling like he as a bruised ego after saying he was interested in you and not getting a positive response. Maybe he's convinced himself that you were saying that as an excuse to not be with him to make himself feel better. I think he's probably just still feeling embarrassed or annoyed right now and that he should get over it soon. You could try reaching out in a way that's not too direct, like talking to a mutual friend around him or suggesting to go somewhere with a mutual friend and him coming along too? Or asking for his help with something. I'm sure things will patch up between you, and if they don't and he still insists he doesn't believe your sexuality, then I feel like you deserve to be around people who respect you more.

6. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

well he got the rainbows

7. mlansing

Reminds me of the time I was beginning to come to grips with my sexuality and this girl kinda asked me out so I decided to go but then during the "date" I decided to be honest and said "I might be gay," to which she replied, "but you're not sure?" People don't want to believe it if they like you, but that's their problem, not yours. He may need some time and space to let go of his feelings, but if you guys had a good friendship before you can perhaps return to that after some time has passed.

8. trentie00

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    okay so after about a week of ignoring me he started talking to me again. we kinda joked about the whole thing and i think he may have gotten over his crush on me, also it doesn't feel so weird around him anymore so yay!