1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice for coming out to my school mates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AAB, Mar 22, 2016.

1. AAB

AAB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It is just strange being in school and the people ive passed 4 years with dont know im bissexual ya know. Its just weird.

#1 AAB, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you know if your friends are supportive of LGBT people? If not, I know it was very useful at calming my nerves by bringing up a few random current events and sneak a LGBT rights issue into the mix to gauge their reaction if not. I have only told those who had a positive response to lgbt issues and have yet to have a bad reaction from friends that passed this "test".

If they are supportive, I would just slip something into conversation when dating comes up (if you are single) similar to "I need to find a good boyfriend or girlfriend." It brings the subject up that you are bisexual without making it be seen as a big deal. I decided to come out to a few more friends recently when I got my first boyfriend. (I had only dated women previously) When they brought up dating and me being single, I just said "Actually I am not single". They asked who I was dating, any I quickly responded "*****"(obvious male name). They paused for a second and then asked me if I was Gay or Bi, and it opened the conversation in a very casual way for me to explain my sexuality.

Just some food for thought. Good luck on your journey to finishing burning that closet to the ground (*hug*)