1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When i go to sleep tonight, im waking up to NO dog

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Greggers, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Greggers

This is my problem: When i finally choose to go to sleep tonight, i know that when i open my eyes it means i have no more dog.

The dog is being sold (yes, sold for BLOOD MONEY) because my mother has allergies around the (hypo-allergenic non shedding) dog.

The dog is the last person in my life i can have physical contact with, this being an important part of my life since im sure a physical contact kind of guy to show love. My siblings are gone, my parents and me dont see eye to eye, all my friends are girls who i dont REALLY connect with on a level i feel i can even give them a hug. I cannot get another pet to fill the void either, or move away seeing as my university situation calls for living here.

Tomorrow a friend is taking me downtown to spend the day in the one place on earth i like being at and i can be myself at, so thats nice, but honestly i dont know how ill cope. I love this dog more than most people can understand. I put the dog before myself honestly.

I had this experience once before, the month between my two dogs. I didnt eat properly, sleep properly, do ANYTHING social, and i was a total and complete wreak. I used to spend like 50% of my day with my dog, and that would be more if it could be. Its been such an important and key part of my life. There is no way to reverse this alas.

Im looking into joining some kind of gay support group, but until i can find one its going to be a lonely time for Greg :frowning2:

The sad truth is, all i need to get over this can be summed up with THREE letter: Hug.

One hug would fix it all. One hug i cant have. :tears:

2. Absentminded

Aw, Greg, I'm sorry(*hug*). That's really not fair of your parents. I hope you're okay though. Perhaps try to take up a new hobby to fill the void? I know I'm probably not much help, but, I really really do hope things get better for you.

(&&&)

3. Janvier

OMG !!

That's horrible !! I'm soo so sorry for you. I can't imagine being without my dog, let alone selling her !!!
    I feel really bad for you, this is terrible :frowning2:

I can't do much for you but I can give you this (*hug*) it's not much...

4. Phantom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Plenty of hugs available on here :slight_smile:
    (*hug*)

5. Ajax

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dude sorry to hear that. sometimes life is pretty hard.

6. EM68

Sorry to hear that Greg. (*hug*) Try joining a couple of groups. I went to a meeting last night and had a good time.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Greg, I'm so sorry. (*hug*) I wish I could give you one for real.

8. kayar

Hi Greg, yeah that's real tough. I know something about allergies, I have them! One of them is cat fur, it gives me asthma; but I'm usually ok with dogs. I'm not asthmatic normally, it's only allergy based. If I'm going anywhere where I know they keep cats, I have to dose myself up with anti-histamine and make sure I have my inhaler with me. But that's different to having what you're allergic to permanently in your home, isn't it? I've found I have been helped a lot with allergens in my home since I bought HEPA fan driven air purifiers. They take out more than 99% of all allergens from the atmosphere. Mine are made by 'Bionaire', and I think 'Amcor' are also good. I got mine off e-bay here in the uk. Don't know if anything like that might help your mom, Greg? I hope you are able to find a support group soon, I feel for you. Take care and lots of love with a great big hug, Kayar. X

9. Greggers

Thanks for all the virtual hugs guys :slight_smile: It means alot

Im awake now, so thats not alot of sleep i got but i DID get to sleep atleast...

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You should try doing something proactive/productive--like writing. I do it, and it's profitable. :slight_smile: Maybe go work out, run around the block? I got so pissed one day and went to the gym and worked it off, ableit I nearly tore the treadmill and crossramp a new one and into submission--but dropped 700calories nonetheless! :grin:

11. Bryan44

Aw greg.. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) sorry

12. casjerem

casjerem Guest

I know you feel. When the one and only dog I ever had in my life had gone away, I felt very sad and lonely. I couldn't figure how to live my everyday life without him. Eventually I just told myself that he is in far better place then he ever was and I dealt with it that way. To today I still miss him like crazy, but I dealing with it. (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

13. tm74

tm74 Guest

Greg - all I can offer is the virtual e-hug (being several thousand miles too far away to give you a real hug) - the situation really really sucks.

(&&&)

Take care

14. Greggers

Hello everyone! Update time!

So, my dog is gone now :frowning2: ...but i just got back from Downtown Vancouver spending the day shopping with a friend (to make things a tiny bit easier) Im feeling really alone...BUT...im not crying. Im proud of myself for that at least. I thought i would feel much worse, and come 3 am tonight i will, but whatever happens i lasted longer than i thought i could without trying. Plus, i got THREE new musicals today on dvd!!!

But, me and my mom got in a huge fight this morning and shes not very happy with me. Im quite sure she thinks im being just too much of a handful and wishes i would just be less emotional. Alas, im an emotional person so she will just have to learn to deal with it. Im not going back to hiding my emotions, even though my mother liked me better when i was like that :frowning2: Oh well. She is speaking to me now at least. Im just glad the big part of the day is OVER

Such a LONG day...

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear :frowning2: I hope you'll be okay...

16. Kid Quasar

The best advice I can offer my friend, is to hope for sweet dreams. Get to bed as soon as everything else important is out of the way, and you can rest, worry-free. I know you miss your dog, and wish for more intimate interactions with another being, but sometimes patience is the only thing we can have. Do not be proud of not crying, it is not something to be ashamed of, although in today's society is looked at as weak, that is not so, it is a form of releasing our deep emotional feelings. Just find a teddy bear or pillow, hug it, and cry until you feel better.

[​IMG]

~Splinter

17. Greggers

Thank you so much for that cartoon, that honestly just made me feel a tiny bit better :slight_smile: And at this point ill take a tiny bit

18. tofuplease

awww :'( (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) (&&&) (*hug*) my dog died in october so i know how it feels. if you miss having your dog around, you could volunteer at an animal shelter or something. feel better