1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I lied

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BeautifulStranger, Feb 18, 2009.

1. BeautifulStranger

I'm not okay.

I'd give anything to have Mike back and set myself up for him to cheat for the 4th time.

2. xequar

Did I miss a memo?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not in love with Mike.
    You're in love with an idealized version of Mike.
    One where he loves you, and wouldn't ever cheat on you.
    ...and that Mike doesn't exist.

Lex

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Lex said it. You have fallen in love with someone who would be an ideal boyfriend.

Moving on and forgetting about what happened will take time. Remember that the only person who is going to get hurt at the end of day is you. This might sound harsh/painful, but if he would really love you and want to be with you, he would not be cheating on you. There are other guys out there for the taking. Try finding someone who will not cheat on you.

5. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I've been there before. you won't recover thinking like that. What I recommend isn't necessarily finding someone else, but looking to things you like about him, then you'll see the list doesn't live up.

trust me.

6. BeautifulStranger

I know.
    And I don't know why I need him so much. I was always there for him emotionally, but he never had time for me when it came to my emotions.
    I was pretty much single with someone that I said 'I love you' to.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ....because you have fallen in love with him. There is a part of you that doesn't want to let go. As time passes and as you get to know others and talk with others, you will be able to move on and put this behind you. It is hard but you will be able to. In an earlier thread you have mentioned that you are trying to get to know Bill. Why not spend some energy on that. It might help you to start the process of moving on.

Maybe try to focus a bit on the fact that he "had never time for you" and "I was pretty much single." Maybe that will allow you to start changing your thinking about him. Are you losing anything by not having him in your life? No! Someone who keeps on cheating on you and leaves you with the feeling of being single, is not a boyfriend you want to have.

No worries! You will find someone who will not cheat on you, who will have the time for you, who listen to you and be there for you. (*hug*)