1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smelling the coffee

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by New Camo Daz, Feb 18, 2009.

1. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    right here it goes im gonna start by saying iv decided im bi. Iv been searching through my thoughts and feelings and came 2 a decision tht im bi. im comfortable with it but i dont know what 2 do next? bit of advice please:eusa_doh:

2. Bryan.

Bryan. Guest

hmmm...when i decided i was bi, i didn't do anything special, i just continued living my life the way i did before deciding. i just felt better after having confirmed it. not sure if this is helpful, this is just what i did when i confirmed myself that i was bi

3. Alex19

well, kudos to making it to a conclusion. id say to give yourself some time to get more comfortable with it (if u arent already) and then... well ill b honest, i dont really know but then i guess u can come out to ppl. slowly of coarce.

4. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i mean li ke coming out 2 people should i leave it a while...

5. Bryan.

Bryan. Guest

that desicion is all based on you. it all depends on whether you're ready to come out

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Making that decision is already a major step, but it might be best if you still would take it slow and make sure that you are totally comfortable with it. Is there a rush in coming out to others? No there isn't.

When you feel ready and comfortable with taking the next steps as it were, start thinking about who would be a really good person to come out to? Do you have a best friend whom you can trust and confide in and who you know will accept you for who you are? Usually friends are a good starting point for building up a support network.

Maybe try joining a LGBT support group in Manchester. That could also help you a little bit with the coming out process. But most importantly, take it slow, there is no rush! Follow whatever you feel comfortable with.

I hope this helps a bit!

7. New Camo Daz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i suppose i wont rush into it il give myself time 2 become comfortable

8. mcrteenagers

Don't feel that there's a guideline, or a set routine you need to follow. Just do what your comfortable with. If telling people you're bi right now makes you feel uncomfortable, take some time to become comfortable with yourself.

Good luck, someones always here for you:slight_smile:

9. Kid Quasar

Patience is a virtue, my friend. Once you have accepted yourself, you must make a decision."To be, or not to be." Keep it slow, the first people you should tell, if you do decide to come out soon, is a close friend, one you know will accept you. Of course, this isn't always the case, the best thing to do is see how they feel about the subject. There is always the old trick of saying that you know someone is gay or bi(Don't say names) and seeing how that person reacts. Just remember to take it slow, rushing such things can end in disaster. Once you have a friend that accepts you for who you are, you then have a lifeline in case things get hectic. The next step would be your parents. I suggest you start with your mother, studies show that the mother is usually much more accepting of different sexual orientation then the father. That doesn't mean she'll accept you right away. The main issue is religion, if you live with a very religious family, it would be wise to seek information to help explain it to her. If they are Christian, I suggest you find clips of the film For the Bible Tells Me So. It is a remarkable piece of media. I also suggest you give your parents the link to PFLAG(Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays) pflag.org . That is the best advice I can give for this situation, I hope for the best to you.

~Splinter