1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my cousin. gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kizz, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been debating if my cousin is gay. so, a little backstory:

my cousin is around 6-8 (I'm terrible at age :confused: ) and for family privacy etc. I'll call him "ben".
    so, where to start?

I have suspected him for a few years now. I hope I'm not willing it, but equally, I'm not sure.

in summery, his whole life up to about a year ago, he was very cruel
    so, reasons why I think he's gay?

1)he dressed up in a dress etc. once before we got to their house on new years.

2)he wants to be "a spy or a games designer". to me, it seems like as I want to be a games designer, and so does he.
    I know, that means nothing, but I've always been a role model to him. so, maybe he's copying me in more than one way? :confused:

3)when he was cruel, he had a brief stage in cruelty when he embarrassed his brother by pulling down his pants and trousers and laughing.
    I had wondered since then as I was fairly old, was there anything else that was meant by that laughing? :confused: he was about 5 or 6 when it happened :/

4)he's always acted "cute and innocent". to me, it may be a reason, though idk :confused: don't get me wrong, I don't like him in that way :icon_redf I mean, I find him like that. :icon_redf ok, I'll stop digging a bigger grave for myself

so, yeah. those are the main reasons.

I hope I'm not willing him to be gay, though I don't know anyone who is.
    anyway, I've had these suspicions and more, which I can't quite describe properly as I don't exactly know what they are :/ (if that makes sense.)
    idk, maybe it's instinct :confused:

so, opinions?

and no, I can't just go and tell him. what if he wasn't? or worse, he told :icon_sad:

I hope this thread isn't meaningless. I'm sure I've contradicted myself a lot, though something just feels different with him :/

2. Greggers

honestly, id give it until he hits puberty before you even try and figure this out

3. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok.
    sorry, it's just been a nagging in the back of my head that's been getting louder for ages X.X

4. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wait [/facepalm] got it wrong. he's 10.

5. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

All sounds like tipical 10yo behaviour to me!

6. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    really?
    ok then. well that's sorted :slight_smile:
    shame. would've been the first person I'd know who was gay.
    but, if it's normal behaviour, that's fine.

7. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

He still might be gay. But none of what you posted would 'scream' gay to me.

8. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    not even the dressing up in a dress? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    ah well. I guess I was overreacting to these things :3

9. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Thats not really a gay specific thing tho, straight guys do it because they like the feel of it.

If he was doing it regularly, maybe, but a once off thing? He probably just wanted attention (and going by this thread, he got it :wink:)

10. Ben

Ben

1) Children dress up in all sorts. In fact we have a video recording somewhere of my oldest brother walking around in my grandmother's clothes saying he's "Like a laden". He's straight, apparently.

2) Well I don't think of game designer as a feminine job at all. As for the copying bit - you can't copy sexuality. It's there from birth.

3) Brothers often find cruelty in embarrassing the other brother in order to get a superiority trip. He must have found the way of embarrassment to be through doing this.

4) Maybe he wants to be your friend, or maybe he is actually cute and innocent. :slight_smile:

He might be gay, chances are that he's not though. I'm sure it will become clearer as time goes on, and until time goes on, don't worry about it.

11. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok
    sorry I just wasted space on this, but unanswered questions are the really annoying ones.
    feel free to lock it :3

12. tallship

Hey Seanr there's no such thing here as wasted space you had a question and wanted to talk we listened , thats what ec is all about , dont ever be afraid to post or wall people . take care now:thumbsup:

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No such thing as wasted space, don't worry! But yeah, he just seems like a typical kid to me, most of the guys I know would wear dresses once in a while while playing when they were kids. If he does turn out to be gay, it'll most likely be a few years before his sexuality really kicks in.

14. Ajax

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah your question is totally fine. but i think he's a bit young for it to be evident at this point.

15. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok. well, I'll wait till he's in year 9. by then, he may have thought about it. and I'd assume that-except his brother-I am the most trustworthy :3

16. Pvand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At that age, it's not that important. If he's older and you still suspect, you could always ask him. That way if he really is gay he'll have someone to talk to. But I think most young children aren't aware of their sexuality, so as long as he's happy right now it should be fine.

still, I can understand the curiosity. I suspected my cousin to be gay as well. She's shown all the signs. She hates wearing dresses, make up, shopping and has this crush on Lara Croft. She's just a major tomboy. :lol: She's 15 now and recently, she had a boyfriend. Everyone in the family was shocked and we all laughed about it. She even started to dress nice and do her hair. If that in itsself wasn't shocking enough, turned out she was rather gorgeous. So it just goes to show that things aren't always what they seem.

I'm sure there are lots of boys who at one point wanted to dress like a girl, just out of curiosity. Just as there are girls who hate to dress like a princess and just wanna play in the mudd all day.

17. fallendream

i figured it in year7. ive only just started coming out. if i had been asked before id have denied it. do NOT pressure or make it seem like pressure about ANYTHING

im in year 9 now. most people dont start coming out till quite a bit older than me. so ask him in year 9 and possibly if he says no or i dont know or something maybe ask him in a few years when hes more mature

18. Alex19

yea, id wait till puberty. 13-14 yo would b a better time to start analyzing. but even at that, he may go through the "i dont know what i am" phase but its not really anything to waste your time on. if he is, he is. if he isnt, he isnt.

19. Kizz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, I guess. I probably overeacted with him a little.

20. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

If he is 6-8...perhaps you should wait later. ^^; You'll confuse him more than he already is. And until they hit the magical age of puberty, you might end up causing irreparable damage.