1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I recommended Lgbt songs to my colleague??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perenth, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Perenth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey all

I may have accidentally outed by recommending Lgbt songs like Mary Lambert and Party XXO by GLAM to my colleague. We have been recommending each other games(she watched Undertale) and songs for quite some time and I may have gotten too carried away last week by giving her a list of my really favorite ones.

I am kinda in an unusual situation where i am currently working at my future school in which I will be attending in a few weeks' time, so basically I'm the youngest(teen) and everyone else is an adult at my workplace.

I have never come out to anyone else before except for my sister(who takes it really well thankfully), so I'm kind of nervous about this. I guess my questions are:

1. Does this colleagues know/infer that I am gay?
    2.Should I come out?/How should I approach her?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. They might infer it because people love to stereotype, but if they haven't said anything then I wouldn't worry about it.

2. If she takes it well and coming out directly is something you want to do, then it's your decision. I would ask her how her day has been to make sure nothing stressful has happened to her so she can listen to and think openly. If she is okay then sit her down, maybe get some cookies or something and go into a casual chat. Once you've told her, give her a minute and allow her to ask any questions if she has any.

Hope this helps.