1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange dream

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hiddendc4, Feb 19, 2009.

1. hiddendc4

First let me say that I am new and I felt that this was the right place to post.

The other day I awoke from a dream and have been having trouble trying to translate it. In my dream I was with a good majority of my friends at breakfast, we go every week after work so that part wasnt too strange, the only difference in my dream though was there was a friend of a friend that i don't know too well yet. As we all got up to pay and leave the newcomer just straight out asked me if i was gay, I turned and told her 'not so much', but when she and I got outside and out of earshot of everyone else I ripped into her for asking me that. After that i dont really remember too much because I woke up.

I've been racking my brain to understand it all. I consider myself to be bi and as of right now I'm only out to one person that is a good friend of mine. The only thing that I think it might mean is that I am having issues confronting my sexuality in my own mind, any light that EC can shed on this would be great. I should also mention that the girl I refernce in my dream is very much out, I also think that's why she asked me that in my dream.

Thanks,
    Justin

2. Alex19

i have no idea what to think. it could b the friend, you wanting to tell ppl but not being able to for some reason, im not too sure. but it may be more literal than u think.

3. lpccrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i agree with alex 19...maybe subconciously you wanna talk about it with someone =S idk

4. hiddendc4

What do you mean it could be more literal? I told this dream to my les friend that I am out to and she basically came up with nothing.

5. hiddendc4

i do talk to someone about it though my friend and i have talked almost everynight after work for the last 2 weeks for like an hour or two at a time

6. Alex19

i dont know- maybe u dont like the friend. i mean, it was her that u yelled at. ive had dreams like that. but usually with complete strangers and it wasnt about being gay... or maybe your dream is telling u to tell ppl. i guess i should restate- maybe its obvious, maybe it isnt. hell, its your dream, what do u want from me? lol jk

7. Bryan44

Could it be a sign that maybe you want other people to know? Or are you not ready for that yet?

8. hiddendc4

i think that i ripped into her in my dream for asking in front of all my other friends, but other than that i dont know.

and gadude i think deep down i do want others to know but im still not 100% sure about that right now, mostly beacause im still not entirely sure how im wired so to speak

9. Bryan44

Thats completly understandable. Its more important that you are first comfortable with yourself. This dream could really mean anything from you not being ready to come out, or you want someone to ask you. It just really depends on the perspective from which you look at it. And the situation that you are in.

10. hiddendc4

the situation im in is good so there's no worries, lol, but i never thought about it like i want want someone to ask me. i do think about the probability of that happening and honestly it kinda scares me and it usually take a lot for me to become even spooked lol

11. Alex19

id say go for it. if your in a good position, what have u got to lose?

12. hiddendc4

i guess i dont really want to risk losing any of the relationships that i have now, especially wit my little brother since he and i are fairly close plus i dont know how he'll react even though he is about to move in with a gay friend that he's had since hs. but i guess youre right alex i probably should just pull the trigger and get it all over with (metaphorically speaking)

13. Bryan44

well I mean dont feel pressured or anything. lol

14. hiddendc4

yea well im sure everyone here know the pressure from both sides lol and right now they're about equal for me although the urge to come out is minutely stronger right now

15. Bryan44

well then thats cool. How would you come out though?

16. Alex19

that was a good one! pull the trigger... i really did laugh a little. but yea, your position looks pretty good. i dont think u have to worry about much.

17. hiddendc4

im not sure but i think the quick pull of the bandaid method would work for majority of the people in my life

Could go something like this:
    Me: hey so and so
    so and so: hi
    me: i need to ell you somethin
    so and so: what is it?
    me: im bi
    so and so: oh ok

i know might seem kinda loopy but im pretty sure that how it would work with most of the people that i feel i should tell

18. Bryan44

Not loopy at all, whatever is more comfortable to you. Im sure that it will all work out dude

19. Alex19

yea, so long as u get the point across.

20. hiddendc4

you know alex and gadude for bein 2 guys that are younger than me (although not by much) you guys seem to have your ducks lined up and make some good sense and give some good advice, ive been reading around and i see you guys everywhere