1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to someone again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lacybi, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my parents about six months ago but they said I just needed to settle into my skin and just kind of ignored the whole thing. The problem is that I really want to buy a binder but I can't without my parents knowing and I also want to come out in school, again I'd rather my parents knew when I do. So what I really want to know us, what should I say his time? They know that I'm non binary but ignore it, they know how I feel but just say I'm going through a getting to know myself phase and I'll regret it later. How should I put it? The thing is that I know they love me and my dad said that he just wants to be happy but he doesn't seem to understand. What should I do?

2. Eolwen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess just have that discussion again, until they believe you... At some point they'll see that it's not a phase. And if they keep ignoring you, just go on with your life, buy that binder and let them see that you're not joking ^_^

3. HiperGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Lacybi.

It's important when you're coming out to your parents to be and show confident. You said you already tell them, but they're not paying attention to the subject. Maybe when you did that, you wasn`t sounding assurance to them. If you`re going to do it again, this time explain the whole thing to them. Don't let doubts show up in the air.
    Clarify everything. Without leaving space to them argue against with those common excuses like: "It's a phase, you're too young..."

Just open up the game and say: Here's the truth: This is my sexuality, isn't going to change. It's who I'm, whether you guys like or not. I'll still being the same person that I was independent of that, cause is just one my 100.000 characteristics.

I wish you lucky, tell us later your results :slight_smile:

4. TheLionRoars360

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What he said.