1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents found my Twitter page!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by weirdkid128, Apr 3, 2016.

1. weirdkid128

OK so I ffound out yesterday that my parents have discovered my Twitter page and they haven't said anything yet so I'm freaking out. My sis told me while I was getting ready for prom and while she's supportive, I'm not sure if my parents will be the same. They don't know that I know that they know, so I am trying to figure out how to tell them that I know that they know.....Can someone please help?!?!?!?

2. TheLionRoars360

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would suggest maybe writing them a note to come out to them as if you didn't know they saw, and mention your Twitter page in the note. I'm not sure exactly what is on your Twitter page, but if it outed you, then it wouldn't be hard to bring up casually. Let them do the talking from there, and if they don't, do it for them. Ask them if they've seen your Twitter. Hopefully they tell the truth and spill the beans.

3. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look for the positives in all situations. At least now it's out there. You wouldn't have to hide anymore. The fact that they haven't said anything might be a good thing. They could be taking the time to process the situation in a rational manner.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The fact that they have not said anything may be a good sign. They could be waiting until you are ready to tell them. At this point the cat is out of the bag though, so there really is not a way that you will be able to hide it from them. I would come out whenever you are ready, in whatever way is comfortable for you.

5. Gay1234

All the people above gave very good advice which leaves me little to say. Maybe I would suggest is to bring up a topic on LGBT matters or maybe get your sister to help as she is supportive as they might just raise their suspicions if you bring up the topic.

Good Luck,
    Gay1234

6. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly is it about your twitter page that you know they have seen?

7. weirdkid128

Calf, my sis found it and showed it to them apparently they read the whole thing cause she mentioned one of the first tweets I made. She said that they weren't surprised and didn't seem mad. I just am really awkward and can't seem to find a time to mention it. My anxiety issues don't help either.

8. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So is it just that it was obvious from your tweets that you are gay or is it that they have seen things that are also awkwardly embarrassing, like mentions of fit celebs that you've been drooling over etc?

Is there any way that you could come up with some reason that you want your parents to see it. Like ask for their opinion on something and show them the screen. Ask if that's how to spell a certain word for example. There's nothing to lose if they already saw it but it would be a potentially good way to start a conversation and get it out in the open.

9. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Try not to stress about it too much. It's really hard to find any time that seems like the right time. Sometimes there is no right time. Even if it feels weird to bring it up at a certain time, what's most important is that you are getting the message to them, no matter how and when that happens. I think coming out always feels awkward. In fact, saying any big news can feel awkward, but your family won't care about that and they'll care that you're telling them. Once it's over with you'll feel so relieved:slight_smile:
    If it helps, like someone else said, you could write a letter.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.

10. weirdkid128

Whelp, they cornered me in the bathroom cause my sis is a butt and told them I couldn't do it myself, and they forced me to hug them while I tried not to puke(p.s. ancient sucks) so I guess that's that