1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out on day of silence?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BeautifulPoison, Apr 3, 2016.

1. BeautifulPoison

So pretty much here's the deal. I'm typing in the middle of the night so it's a secret, I can't see the keyboard, there may be typing errors. So, after my life got really weird, I started questioning my sexuality, and all that I tumbled out with the word 'pansexual'. I was really confused, so about a week later, my best friend (Who I almost never see due to family drama) found out and directed me to this site. I don't attend my schools GSA meetings due to my schedule, but I want to participate in the day of silence. As I said, I am NOT out, so participating, I would not only not have a pass for, but it would be coming out to my school pretty much. I also have anxiety and am running this plan through every possible scenario in my head... help plz!:eek: :confused::bang::help:

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2016 at 09:31 PM ----------

Whoops. Posted this twice somehow.... sorry!

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

If it's not something you're ready for, then maybe not doing it this time would be a good idea as you can show your support in many other ways.
    That's up to you though of course. If you still really want to, that's great. Don't stress about it too much. It's nobody else's business what your sexual orientation is unless you tell them. Anyone can participate on the day of silence, and it's not up to others to decide what that means about a person's sexuality. Straight people can participate too. I know, a lot of people may make assumptions but that's on them and you have no obligation to tell them anything you don't want to.
    Is there a way for people to know you're doing the day of silence (are you guys wearing signs or anything, I know some people do that). If at all possibly, something like that may be better so you don't have to keep announcing to people you're doing it if that's something you want to avoid.

That being said, if you're wanting to use this as an opportunity to kind of come out, that's great too! It will all go well, I'm sure. This is a thing that many others are participating in too, just remember that. You can always go to them for support, or just know that you're not alone and it's all good!

It's really great that you're doing this by the way!
    My friend is starting a GSA and we were hoping to do the day of silence but probably won't be able to coordinate it this year:frowning2:

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck friend!