1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love one of my best mates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Craigm, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Craigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi
    am new to all this but here we go...
    i have known i am gay for ages but kept it to myself. yhink lots of my friends think am gay but never confirmed anythinh too them.
    12 months ago i told one of my best mates who i spend alot of time with socially, that i was gay and i liked him. he is straight and has a regular girlfriend.
    he was ok wi me and still is, just said he didnt bother i was gay but to understand 'he wasn't'.
    how do u cope seeing someone you love so much but know you can never be with that person

2. Kid Quasar

This is very common amongst the GLBT community, especially teens. I know it hurts to lose all chance of being with someone you love, but you must move on, my friend. You must think of him as a friend and just a friend. There is not much advice I can offer for I know little of your individual self, but what would be best is to find someone else. I suppose what I'm saying is, that he is now a lifeline in case things go wrong in your life, such as being kicked out of the house once you come out to your parents. I can tell you from personal experience that dating a close friend doesn't' always turn out for the best. I was once in love with a friend of mine, and I was out of the closet at the time. He said that he was straight and that nothing could change it, but we did become best buds, and for that I am truly thankful, and you should be thankful for his acceptance. Patience my friend is all it takes to get over something like this. Good luck and good day to you, friend.

~Splinter

3. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess the same way you cope with anything that is not meant to be. Gay or straight, you'll go through life not being able to connect with someone you may be attracted to. You can't force the issue and looking at the bright side, you still have a very good friend that you were able to share a very important part of your life with. Don't look at what you don't have, look at what you have. You are blessed.

4. mcrteenagers

I went through something similiar to you. Long story short I fell in love with my best friend. Although what happened isn't exactly the same as you, the main point is that we're not friends anymore. It ended horribly.

I don't think anybody would want that to happen, so you need to find a way to deal with what your feeling. I know, its really hard considering you're best mates. It's a harsh choice, but either deal with the feeling and remain friends, or in all probability, lose the friendship.

#4 mcrteenagers, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  5. Craigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for your posts is definatly not easy -would hurt loads if i lost him a best mate

6. mcrteenagers

I dunno if this will help or not, its something I wrote about my experience.

7. Craigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks - Mike
    good words

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I know...I always crush so hard on straight guys too...I know ur pain! :slight_smile: Come talk to me if u like.