1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally gave up trying to fool myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordancollins, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Jordancollins

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My journey to self acceptance recently started, but if I think about it, I have always been Bisexual, just in deep denial thanks to the way my family viewed the LGBT+ community, I was always told such hateful and homophobic things like "everyone who is 'gay' or has sex with someone of the same sex automatically has every std under the sun." Obviously, that is completely untrue and very close-minded towards the community and fails to tackle any issues whatsoever except her own hateful feelings. I have found it easy to accept after the initial hurdle of talking about it with my wife, who has been 100% supportive of me and is thrilled that I have learned to finally open up and not be afraid of my own feelings.

I am out to a few of my closest friends so far, and thankfully everyone I have come out to has been very supportive, if not thrilled that I am opening up (I'm normally a very private/shy person) with them about something so personal. I really don't fear what anyone in my life thinks at this point, so I plan on being out completely to at least my closest friends before the 2016 Pride Parade, I really want to go, and at a tough time in my life, I think it would mean more if at least some of my friends came with me to show support.

#1 Jordancollins, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  2. BeautifulPoison

Yay! Good for you! I hope you attend the pride parade and have fun! So glad people are being supportive. :slight_smile:

3. xenu

I would really like to go to a local pride parade. I'm sure I will attend the one this summer.

4. Jordancollins

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Me too! The confidence boost from every I have told so far being so supportive telling me to own myself, and be proud! And it's just so heart warming and makes me feel like maybe the world doesn't suck as much as I used to think (not saying it's perfect, just not totally bleak anymore). Thank you for the words of support! :icon_bigg

I'm determined to go no matter what! It's my first pride since coming out!

5. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on self-acceptance!! YAY! On another note, San Diego's Pride is bananas (in a good way)! I didn't think Hillcrest could get any gayer, but it does! Have fun!

(!)(!)(!)(!)

6. killswitch0029

Congrats man. You pulled off a pretty difficult step in life.