1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parent's are anti-homo

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MojoJo, Apr 4, 2016.

1. MojoJo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's not the best position to be in. I'm bi-sexual and my parents are super anti-homo. They say the most hurtful things sometimes about the lgbt community too. They do love me a lot but I don't know how they will act if they find out that I'm bi. I'm also not in a position to move by myself cause I'm still in high school and not a legal adult yet. If i tell them, I'm more worried about the backlash my family will have to face from the wider secular Christian community. My father's a prominent figure in his church and considering our nationality it's just extra strict up gender preferences. I do love them a lot and I'm still going to stay Christian but I don't want to have to hide who I am anymore. After a while it just becomes mentally straining.

2. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to tell your parents but you should have someone to talk to....maybe a close understanding friend. If you start dating a girl then you might have to depending upon the situation...but maybe not. Either way I would start pointing out to your parents that hurtful comments about the LGBT community will not be tollerated in your presence. Point out to them just how rude it is. Don't let them say discriminatory comments about race, religion or any other group. This will lay the ground work for future conversations. Besides that not very Christian like to be doing that. I personally think its great that you will not stray from your faith. Too often people think it has to be one or the other.

#2 OutofZCloset, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016