1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my family?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by toffeex, Apr 6, 2016.

1. toffeex

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 16 years old and quite sure that I'm bisexual. I thought a lot about it in the last few months.
    However, I'm not exactly 50-50. I just have the feeling that I mostly look for boys because it's how my parents raised me. I find guys more hot than anything else, I'm more interested in their looks and can't imagine having sex with them or going further than kissing etc. But I can imagine all those thing with girls although I don't look at them the way I do with guys. I find girls and boys equally attractive but I do find more girls beautiful than boys and I'm more interested in having a relationship with a girl.

But my actual problem is: How do I come out to my family?
    I told some of my dearest friends about it and if somebody from school would ask me I would just tell them the truth. It's not really a problem for me because they're all really tolerant and understand it.
    But I am afraid to tell my parents that I am bisexual. I know that they're also tolerant (at least that's what they always tell me) but I'm still unsure that they're fully honest. Because it's something new for them and they might be okay with it if some people they don't know are gay, lesbian, trans, bi, pan or whatever but not their own daughter. Also I'm afraid that they'll just think that I'm confused or that it's just a phase.

Can you tell me how I could make it clear to them that it's not just a phase and that I'm sure that I'm bisexual?

Thanks. :3

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to be 50/50. :wink:

Well, you could always add "or a girlfriend" when they comment something on having a boyfriend. You'll see their reaction and can go along.

I knew when I was 14 or 15 and haven't changed it for the last 20 years. :wink: You could always ask them if hetero is a phase too. :wink: Be calm and act sure during the talk, it'll be easier for them to accept it.

Good luck!

3. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm older so over the years I have analyzed what exactly about men do I find attractive. The thing is I don't think I actually find them sexually attractive. When I'm watching a movie of a man and women kissing I notice I'm watching the guy. Not because I'm attracted to the guy bug because I would want to be the guy in that situation. I admire the guy's strength and mannerisms more. I find a shirtless guy sexy or cool not because I want to have sex with him but because if I was him I could pick up a really hot girl. I think it's just the Tomboy in me that admires the man. So when I say I'm bi maybe I'm not really at all. Sure I could have sex with a man and find the overall experience pleasurable but it's not the mind blowing tingles all over your body kind of sex that I have with a woman. Not even close. I've never been able to cum with a man but I'm an easy cum when it's with a woman. Although I was married to a man when I was younger I never felt complete...like I wasn't being myself and just living a lie because that's how I was raised. Now that I'm married to a women I couldn't even imagine being with guy any more.