1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confussed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by twixy30, Feb 20, 2009.

1. twixy30

I been trying to tell my mom for awhile that i am bisexual and she is says that she ok with it one min. then she tells me i have to choose and she says that For her and her house she will server the Lord yet she let my drug brother with his girlfriend move in her house knowing they were not marryed so why should I choose between family and what i feel.

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Did she explicitly tell you she would not allow you to stay? Why not just bring that up with her and face your issue head on? What kind of drugs, if I may, is he using?

3. biisme

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

You're 31. You no longer need your parents' blessing on how you live your life. If your mother doesn't accept the fact that you're bisexual, then she doesn't accept it. Just go ahead and date who you want. If she asks, tell her who you're seeing. Or, since she has issues with it, tell her it's none of her business. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. twixy30

its not so much about me living with her it is that i would not be able to come and vist over christamas thanksgiving things like that because i would be with my partner my brother was on meth for years and now he has been clean for 3 years now. but what i dont understand is if she say she ok with it then y wont she execept my partner

6. SexyTimeInTent

Southend-On-Sea, Essex, South East, England
    how long ago did you tell her? perhaps she is in denial or something still.
    what about your partner's family, how do they feel?

7. twixy30

my mom has known that i have been questioning myself but she thinks that if i am not for sure then that will mean that it will all go away and then i will move on from this as for a parterner i am not with anyone at this time i am talking to someone but that is it and her mother is ok with it she has been out for a long time.

8. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your mom's probably about my age, which is funny because we grew up in the sexual revolution of the '60s. She herself is struggling between her loyalty as a mother to her children and her loyalty to her faith. We need at times to turn the tables and put ourselves in their shoes, as we are always telling them to do. The world has unfortunately been brought up for a few millenia to believe that every 'sin' in the bible is better than homosexuality. It's hard to argue with conditioning. Don't corner your mom or compare how she treats your brother compared to you. She quotes from the bible 'as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord'. Tell you try each day to LOVE her UNCONDITIONALLY, you really hope she will try to do the same. Reminder her of my signature, it's from 1 Corinthinians 13 and she will know it. Give her time and take the higher road, love is patient, love is kind..... Walk Proud...

9. twixy30

yes she is going to be 55 this year and i do try to remember that this is all new to her i will try to not compare me an my brother thanks for all your help i truly have a place i can call home here thanks

10. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are welcome, sweetheart. Hang in there, Dallas wasn't built in a day and you have over 2500 brothers and sisters here to walk with you. Stay strong and Proud..luv ya..