1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAHHH!! I am so pissed off. i dont even care anymore

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sarah, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Sarah

you know wat im SO tired of?
    ppl tat tell u how to live your life. and they dont even care. they see u nd they think "oh, this person needs help with their life". i dont NEED help with how i live. i get along just FINE mayb i look the way i do BECAUSE I WANT TO!!! mayb i dress the way i do NOT because i want attention but BECAUSE I WANT TO. i dont want attention. if i want anything its really to b INVISIBLE!! id really rather crawl in the tiniest hole with a book and a lamp and read then b in a crowd where everyone can see u. im tired of ppl judging me. im tired of ppl telling me how to live! im not an idiot!

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Wow! First of all breath! Because that looks like it all came out in one breath. And second of all I think all you can do is ignore them because these sort of people probably like poking their noses into other peoples lives so much a reaction from you would probably just excite them more. Just ignore them and go on doing what you want to do, frankly who cares what they think. I don't and neither should you. Screw nosy people! lol

3. Bryan44

Dont worry about what other people say. Its ridiculous how people assume that because you dress/look a certain way that you are asking for attention..Obviously they are jealous because the attention all goes to you rather than them! So keep at it girl!! Your not an idiot, you have come this far in life, and you have a long ways to go. And all of us here are going to support you! :thumbsup:

4. James

Don't listen to what other people say, if you're happy the way you are then that is what really matters.

5. Louise

Don't let it get to you. Good for you for being who you are. As long as what you are doing, saying, wearing doesn't affect anyone else then their opinion really doesn't matter. If some one does tell you that you are only dressing like this for attention then just look them up and down, shrug your shoulders and say 'meh, if it makes you happy to think that why not'.

My daughter has dreadlocks and wears sarwels and what could be considered 'marginal' clothes but she feels good like this, yes she is the only one in her school who dresses like this but it corresponds with her character, she works hard at school and gets good grades, she loves to read and she loves to dress in her own style, so what it isn't hurting anyone and she feels good about herself.

Don't let people get to you, you know who you are and what people think really doesn't matter that much. (*hug*)

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Sarah

thanks guys. but its just wat they said to me and when where and how they said it. it freakd me out at first. but then i was just so mad that i let tat scare me tat i just got pissed at them. ppl are always giving me looks and idk. its lik they dont think im a person at all.

and one more thing. lol i dont really get this......

ummmm......???????????????????????????????????????

8. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sarah. We unfortunately go through life letting our ego lead us, inflate us and deflate us. If we are successful at killing the ego, we are successful in walking thru this life not letting others affect us with their opinions and judgements. Live for yourself, love yourself and love life...the rest will flow with you. BTW that is my own coined quote you have used. Thankyou for the compliment, if it helps, carry it with you. Jeez I sound like the old sage on the mountaintop. sorry

9. LiquidAxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I may, that is Admiral Akbar from Star Wars, often referenced for his line in the movie "IT'S A TRAP!"

I think Lex may be suggesting that these people aren't trying to talk to you honestly, but are just trying to trap/force you into 'agreeing' with their views.

#9 LiquidAxis, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Lex's posts are always fun. You look perfectly fine though, honestly.

11. Sarah

ok, i need to b completely honest and tell u what happened.

i think someone might hav found out tat im questioning my sexuality. nd told some ppl. idk but . these guys came up to me. i was leaving swim practice nd there wasnt many ppl at school. i was wearing my rainbow socks cuz they r way cool nd i love them. nd they cud see them cuz my socks are knee highs. well the guys came to me. it was kinda gettting dark nd my parents werent at the skool to pick me up yet.
    they came nd pushd me into a wall. nd said in my face. "nice socks dyke" in a really low tone and it was so scary. ive seen these guys around school sometimes. nd theyr always lookin at me. giving me this look and if im walking theyll come behind me and whisper in my ear the scariest things.
    im not even sure if im gay or wat ever. im so scared sometimes. i want to b myself but wat will happen. nd then after they said it i tried to get away but they shoved me against the wall again and just left. :tears: it scared me so much. idk wat to do.

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Report it. In some states bullying can be a criminal offense. Not only that, but toughen yourself up. Most people pick on others because they view them as weak. If you push back, not literally so much, they will back down. I wouldn't wear the socks though if they draw unneeded attention. Don't risk it but don't sacrafice who you are. :slight_smile:

13. LiquidAxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd recommend waiting to be picked up by your parents at a place that is supervised. The type of behavior you described would not be tolerated in any school system in the US at least, so you should wait in a supervised location. Where there any administrators around?

If it happened the way you described, you need to tell your parents about the lack of supervisional support and fear for your physical safety, IMO.

14. Sarah

i kno. i wanna tell ppl. but idk. then id hav to tell them y they said it nd idk i cant do tat. ill stay in a safer place. or ill make sure i leav wit my friends. i wanted to push back, believe me i did. but everytime it happens...........i freez up. because its the only thing tat i hav tat is sacred to me. its the most important thing to me, to keep it a secret. nd when they look at me when they whisper in my ear and laugh at my face i feel lik they are going to tell the world. nd theyr starting to. everyday i see more ppl look at me tat way. i stopd wearing my socks. if i do wear them i wear them under my pants. but it scares me so much. my friends are getting a little distant. our GSA is so small now. theres only lik 6 ppl there every week. idk wat to do. they scare me, but i cant say anything or my secret will b out. i cant let anyone kno. i just cant.

15. LiquidAxis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ?

I stand by my prior advice, but I cannot offer you any further assistance.

#15 LiquidAxis, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  16. Louise

Is there any way that you could enroll in a self defence class. This would teach you how to defend yourself and build your confidence. You could talk to you mum and tell her you think it would be something nice to do together... woman power and all that.

It is definately something that all women should do. There are bullies out there everywhere but if you have confidence in yourself and your ability to defend yourself your whole behaviour will change and people will start backing off and choose another victim.

17. SexyTimeInTent

Southend-On-Sea, Essex, South East, England
    if you report it you wont necessarily need to say why they've been saying it just what they've said, you could report it and say it's unprovocked and you dont know why they've said it.
    if you're really determined not to report it then wait till they say something in a fairly busy place within your school and turn around to them and simply say 'go away' or something similar.
    obviously you dont want to be outed, and you could lie if you want to, but you DEFINITELY shouldn't let them treat you like that.

Louise's suggestion of enrolling in some form of self defence sounds like a good idea. good luck :slight_smile:

18. Eleanor Rigby

I agree with everyone else. You should report it. It is absolutly unacceptable, even more at school. It has nothing to do with your sexual orientation, you do not have to explain yourself in a way you don't want, but you have to report these guys behaviour.
    Do you know any adult you could trust at school ? Like a teacher, or a conselour, someone you are comfortable with. If it is the case, you might talk to that person first and ask for support to report these boys behaviour.
    take care, Eleanor

19. Sarah

there is one person on campus tat i can talk to, but shes busy a lot of the time. ive been trying to talk to her for 3 weeks now.
    im going to try to stick up to them or something, or ill just stick with my friends, those guys dont usually bother me if im with ppl. but ill work on it. id tak self defense if i had time. but mayb i can teach myself or something. but ill b fine u guys.
    i want to report it or talk to someone about it but im scared to. im mean, they havent done any noticable damage. they havnt hurt me physically. ill stay away from them, if i see them ill turn the corner or something. if it gets worse ill report it. i swear i will