1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mr Spock, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Mr Spock

Do you ever feel like your stuck because you can't come out, but you want to be, for better or worse? I just want to be happy, but I feel like this issue is hindering my relationship with my mom because I don't wan to get too close to her until I know whether or not she'll support me. :help:

It makes me despair about anything ever getting better. I hate this.

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand how you feel. I want to come out to everyone including my parents (my mom already knows), but my dad is straight up homophobic and if I mention gays he tells me I should learn what's the difference between the good and the bad.

Also, if he was to learn I was gay, he would (according to my mom, I don't think she's lying about this, we're pretty close) stop my internet, take away all the electronics I have, stop me from meeting other girls, and worst. I can't come out to everyone, only friends I know trustworthy because they could spread it around and my dad will know it (I know this girl who's parents are friends with mine and she might tell her mom who will talk with my dad, which will result in a huge fight).

As much as I want to come out, I can't because of my dad. Anyways, enough about me. So what I think you should do is that you should definitely inform yourself about what she thinks of the lgbt community before anything. Try mentioning lgbt during your conversations with her, if she is okay with it, then you can come out, but if she's not, then don't come out yet. I see you're genderfluid so it goes the same for that (that is if she doesn't know already). I wish you good luck! ^^