1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being who I am

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Owl3life, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Owl3life

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I don't think it's necessary for me to come out to my family. Some days I'm sure of which sex I'm attracted to, but other days not so much. I think it will be easier if I never came out and just remained single. I do like to be alone, so what's the point of being in a relationship? I don't want to feel guilty all the time. Or know my family thinks bad thoughts about me. :confused:

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not that easy. For a person who likes solitude I had enough of relationships. And I always told my partners I'm bi etc.
    It's not easy to play a role you don't feel. It's not easy to never come out. I could never mention that I'm bi as most of my relationships were with guys (I was trying to live as a female) but playing hetero was eating me outside. Not fun. I did come out by chance to my family and I had to run away from home (aka move out). But it was worth it.
    You'll do what you want in the end. Just don't hate yourself.

3. quest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You described my situation almost to a T. I don't plan on coming out to my family either. I'm not sure about how they will react because if I do come out, I will be the first person in my family to be openly gay. That thought alone is very overwhelming to me. In addition, I'm not even sure if I am completely sure about my sexual orientation. I have never been in a relationship. Compared to my other friends, Im completely naive to this playing field. I don't like being alone either but the thought of not being happy because Im scared of what other ppl think makes me uncomfortable. I want to live a life where people know who i truly am. It will take a while for me to reach that point and Im actively working on it. I'd say figure out your sexual orientation first before you think about telling your family. Good luck, I'm working on it too so I hope we both figure out a way.

Oh hey this is both our first post! :slight_smile:

#3 quest, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016