1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as MtF

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LadyWolfe, Apr 13, 2016.

1. LadyWolfe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,

I want to ask a genuine question to any other MtF, or really anyone else that can just help me. I'm afraid of coming out to my parents that I don't want to be a male..I've came out after a couple years of hiding it to some of my closest friends and theyve accepted, but I havent came out fully to everyone..

Would it be better if I waited until I was moved out..and then do the SRS (I would be of legal age to do it by myself)

Its given me tons and tons of anxiety when I sit down and actually think about it..

2. KayJay

I had this debate with myself a little bit. I decided in the end it would be better to let my parents know before I started to transition. That way they would have time to adjust to it instead of me already working on it and them finding out when I'm already so far in. It'd just be less of a shock I think.

It would also depend on if you're parents are conservative people. If they are you may want to wait until you've moved out so that they won't make your life hell after you've come out.

When I came out to my dad he didn't hate me but he didn't think it was a good idea. Over time though he's become supportive of me which is good. It's hard to gauge sometimes, how a parent will react.