1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mavibes, Apr 15, 2016.

1. mavibes

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So i'm a girl still questioning about my sexuality and I don't know how to pass that.. in my head I need to experiment but I don't know any lesbian or bi girl in my city :frowning2:
    I'm the kind of person that do stuff by myself and I don't need to tell my friends things that I go through, but now I realize that I need at least one friend to know about this, I really need some help because it's not working do this alone.. but I don't know how to tell my friend that I'm questioning.
    She's actually the only friend that I have that would be ok with whatever I tell her, but how do I start? I'm really anxious about it :frowning2:

Please any advice?

ps: I'm not a serious person, so it's really hard to open up and be serious about stuff

2. Oh hello

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Heyo! Ok, this is gunna sound weird, but I was pretty much in the same boat you were in three years ago! Weird, right? Anyway, I'll tell you what some other guy told me when I was questioning my sexuality.

First off, don't worry about figuring out a label for yourself right now, that stuff'll come later, kay?

Second, as odd as it sounds, try to take a step back and just not think about it too much. I remember when I started having feelings for dudes I got all wrapped up in it and started thinking I was gay. But after I calmed down, I took step back and realized, "hey, I'm totally still attracted to girls too!".

Third, I personally feel the best way to come out to someone when you're ready is to simply flat out tell them. You said you're not usually a serious person? Why not announce it to them and act really excited about all of this! I mean, it's sorta a big deal, right? Go out for cake, dance, go shopping, have fun! Coming out doesn't have to be some awkward event filled with "woah, really?"s and "ok, wow, gimme a sec"s. It can be fun! And the best part is: it shows your friend that you're still you, and who you like to do the nasty with doesn't change that!

But hey, I live in a pretty progressive place (Washington state!) so that might have helped with me coming out.

Anyway, good luck to ya, Godspeed

3. killswitch0029

If you're having trouble doing it face to face you could write your friend a letter that explains your feelings and situations. You would at some point have to speak with her about its contents, but it's a good way to let her know what you need to say.