1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out if you're Bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayBatman, Apr 17, 2016.

1. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I finally accepted that I am bi and now I want to tell my best friend. But my problem is that I'm in Arizona for school and he is in California. I really want to tell him but I have read other stories where they said it is rude to not tell somebody in person. Any advice?

2. cakepiecookie

There's no right or wrong way to come out. It's nice to come out in person if that's an option, but sometimes it's not practical for whatever reason. Unless it's super important for you to come out in person, I'd just Skype him or give him a call.

3. Fish Eye

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First I wanted to say I'm happy to hear that you finally accepted your sexuality. It's a big step and hope you are confident with yourself too :slight_smile:. I agree with the poster above me, there is no right or wrong way of handling of coming out to your friend whatever the choice is as long as you feel confident to tell him.

4. LRyuzaki3

I agree with the first person to comment. There is no right or wrong way. I came out through facetime with my cousin and it was perfect. I also came out in person with alot of people so it doesnt matter...well it does, but we cannot tell you what you should do. If your heart is telling you to wait, then wait. But, if you feel an urgent need to tell them then maybe you can skype.