1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writing a letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cattykit16, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Cattykit16

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm pretty much adament about coming out as trans to my parents this year because honestly, I can't stand living like this for much longer, so I've been trying to communicate my thoughts by writing a letter about how I feel and then sending it to my parents when I'm ready. The only problem is that I'm never satisfied with how the letter turns out, because I either don't explain myself that well or I end up writing myself into a corner, not knowing how to continue writing. I've probably rewritten the damn thing at least 8 times since I started writing it back in March, and no matter how many times I revise it, it never turns out the way I want it to. Does anyone have any advice for how I should go about writing the letter? Is there any specific information that I should include or leave out? I really don't want to screw this up, so any and all help will be appreciated. :help:

2. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey CattyKit,

I would take a look at the coming out letters available in our resources section. Here is a link to several peoples coming out letters that might help give you ideas on what and how to write yours:

Empty Closets - Coming Out Letters