1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My crush is lesbian. Should I tell her I am too?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by carpenoctem308, Apr 20, 2016.

1. carpenoctem308

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not a lot of people know I'm into girls. Only a few close friends know about it, and I intend to keep it that way for a while. My crush is an amazing, funny, beautiful, nice girl named Liv, but I'm usually too afraid to talk to her. We know each other really well and are friends but only talk occasionally because I'm so shy and we don't have classes together.
    I suspected that she was bi, and I told my friend Dani who is one of her best friends that I had a huge crush on Liv. Dani told me she was lesbian but made me swear not to say anything about it to anyone. I don't know if I should tell Liv that I like girls or not. I know she'll accept me but Im still worried for some reason. I think I'm going to sometime soon but how should I do it?

#1 carpenoctem308, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  2. confusedbubble

So is liv out fully or only to a few people herself?

Maybe you could ask dani for help in letting liv know you're gay, maybe tell her that you want liv to know but you're too nervous to yourself.

Either that or you could invite liv into your group of friends and start talking to them about something lgbt, or you could ask her to meet up and just tell her you're gay because you consider her a friend, if she takes that OK you could then tell her that you like her

3. OutofZCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it would depend upon how old you are. If you are of driving age than ask her out on a date. If not then just try and get her to hang out with you sometines.....and smile a lot, sit a little too close...ya know all of the obvious things. :slight_smile:

4. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I faced the same situation a while ago. I think it would be a little awkward to approach her directly, so maybe you should try to send her signs of your sexuality or something to see how she might react.