1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Girl Crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by packtorce52, Apr 22, 2016.

1. packtorce52

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had this crush on a straight girl for almost two years. These feelings have come and gone but the last few months, they've been so strong. I feel like I obviously flirt with her and will do anything for her. I don't know if she's picked up on the fact that I'm a lesbian and am always flirting with her or if I'm just being nice. We're both about to move on to new paths in our lives in a few weeks but I feel that I need closure with her before we move away. I'm not out to many people and am worried that I may lose what friendship we've created if I come out to her too. Should I confront her about my sexuality and tell her how I feel? I know she's straight so our relationship will never go any further but I also don't want to lose our friendship. But I also want to end this chapter in my life with some closure.

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe just let her know what your feelings are, but that you respect the fact that she us straight. Let her know that you value the friendship and your only reason for letting her know is just to get it off your chest.
    I did that when I had a crush on my best friend when I was a teenager. He was distant for a little while but soon came back around

3. cakepiecookie

Come out to her if you want to do that, but I don't see much point in telling her you like her. It seems like it'll create unnecessary awkwardness for no gain, you know?

4. Embi

Embi Guest

I agree with cakepiecookie. Coming out itself won't destroy your friendship (unless she's homophobic). You can keep your friendship and move on and find a girl who likes you back. But telling her your feelings won't lead anywhere. She's straight, so you know she won't feel the same way. So I'd come out to her, keep the friendship and try to move on ^^

5. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, come out to her... And if she's ok with it, maybe in the future you can tell her about your crush and you can both laugh about it :slight_smile: