1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symptoms

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brandford, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Brandford

Sometime in February my boyfriend broke up with me and i was very much in love with him and it kind of brought up a bunch of other repressed feelings (Domino Effect) and I went into a deep depression, even to the point of suicide, anyway, Someone recently came into my life who has made me extremely happy but for some reason I still have the symptoms of depression like I still feel tired ALL of the time and I still have troubles sleeping at night, so my question is how do I get rid these lingering symptoms?

2. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll give you my two cents here but you may want to go to the health section and check with the experts there. Your age group is getting more and more susceptible to depression for a variety of reasons, being a teenage number one, hormones, growing pains, school, boy/girl problems, parents, the world, air, water, socks....you name it. It's not unusual and when you dump a couple of these on a kid your age then it can seem like a big mountain. If you talk good with your parents tell them your depressed. If not them go see the school nurse and talk to her. She can refer you to a doctor. Try your counsellor or just talk your feelings out with your new friend. This forum is filled with loving people from 13 to 150 so you can get a lot of advice or just vent here. It will pass but you have to take the first step. Let us know how you progress....Walk proud

3. Brandford

My parents know, they talked about a psychologist but they stopped caring after a week, I've also talked to the school psychologist, she just suggested i get a psychologist/Therapist, well basically nothing happened, so the sadness is gone courtesy of Jack, now i just want to be able to sleep at night and not feel tired all day

4. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jack sounds like a great guy and what you need, but you should get a physical by your family doctor, your parents shouldn't have any objections to that, just tell them you're having trouble sleeping and want to have a checkup. Then you can unload on your doctor. You'll be surprised how understanding they can be and how insightful. Keep me post and go to my wall if you need. I am only too happy to walk beside you...walk Proud

5. Brandford

I currently don't have a doctor and my mom knows about my sleeping problems, she just gives me sleeping pills, but they don't always work and when they do it makes me even more tired in the morning when I have to wake up

6. biisme

Is there a clinic near where you live so you can find out if you should be taking those sleeping pills?

7. Agerardii

I know what you mean, I've struggled with depression since I entered my teens and lately I've been dealing with what you've described - I feel tired all the time but then have trouble sleeping at night. I've been on prescribed medication to address it, but it doesn't really help. One thing that has worked really well for me has been to exercise more. I've been going to my school's wellness center and running late at night and it has worked great. My dad suggested this to me a while ago and I just thought he was being insensitive since he's always been the just-snap-out-of-it type, but it really has worked a lot for me. Just a thought.

8. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can go to any health or drug store and try a non pharmaceutical called Melatonin. It won't leave you feeling hung over the next day. This may sound silly but do you get enough exercise and FRESH air? A lot of kids your age spend too much time inside and inactive and that can drastically affect your sleep patterns. Try the Melatonin....