1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makes me bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is this consider bisexual. There's this girl I really like as a crush, and happy to speak to her. She has a beautiful face, but she's not sexually attracting to me. I want to be her boyfriend though, since I really do like her. She's the first girl in forever to make me like her more than a friend. I could kiss her, but I don't think I can be arouse as much as a guy could. It's a really tough feeling I just have a deep crush for her for a year. Her personality is awesome.

I know I'm gay because I like guys, but I am attracted to 0.0001 % of females. They have to fit the look. I know it when I see it. Only two other girls besides her in my life have it- Lindsay Lohan and Ayumi.

2. kettleoffish

I would still consider you to be gay.

I like to think of human sexuality of more of a scale, rather than as clear cut 'straight', 'bi' and 'gay', with completely straight at one end and completely gay at the other, everyone is somewhere on that scale, and nobody (or very few people anyway) at each end and most people close to one end.

Also, love and sexual attraction are quite different things, so it is perfectly possible for a straight (or close to the straight end of the spectrum) guy to be in love with another guy, even if there is no sexual attraction, and, as this case, appears, the inverse is also clearly possible.

Hope this cleared it up a little (if it made any sense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

#2 kettleoffish, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, what you are experiencing is human love which can be with or without sexual attraction. You can love someone of the opposite sex without being sexually attracted even if you are gay. On the same note, just because you are gay,doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to every guy you meet. Get my drift?

#3 stilsurchin, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  4. Sarah

well i guess ur kinda emotionally attracted to girls and just a tinnie tiny itsy bitsy attracted to girls physically.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

It depends on your own perosnal definition of 'bi' or 'gay' and what feels right for you. I'm pretty much the same as you, I'm only attracted to a certain special type of guy, and there are only a handful that do it for me. But I'm not quite sure what label would suit me yet, so I *try* not to worry about it too much, but just give it time to sort out.