1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aerin, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, it feels great guys. Really great. I had dinner with one of my best friends, and I told her beforehand that I needed to talk to her about something and I wanted her to remind me. Otherwise I knew I'd chicken out. It took me a full 4 hours before I was finally able to get the words out.

She was so supportive and said that it didn't make any difference to her. She said she'd be my "wing woman" and go with me to all the gay bars, and she promised she'd be there for whatever I needed. I didn't expect to cry, but I did. A lot. And I cried driving all the way home, because I had just been so nervous and I felt like I was finally free.

I still have to tell my family at some point, and my other friends, but this was a huge step for me, and I'm going to savour it before worrying about what's next. The best part about it is that the person everyone thinks I am and the person I actually am are no longer mutually exclusive. I can live the life I want, without secrets.

I'm just so happy right now :slight_smile:

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! You did well.

Welcome to the other side. :wink:

3. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  4. confusedbubble

Congratulations your friend sounds ace, I mean to offer to go to bars with you and be your wing woman that's brilliant

5. Embi

Embi Guest

Yeyyy, congratulations!