1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to try coming out to one friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PaperInkling, May 1, 2016.

1. PaperInkling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want to come out to my friend who is bisexual. I want to do it alone with her and outside of school. Any tips?(!)

2. RvP

RvP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to a girl friend too. but I don't talk to her anymore cause of friendship problems. But anyone's don't make it a big deal cause it's just gonna build up and make you even more nervous. if you are. I just said that I needed to tell her something and what I said was "what if I told you I was gay" and she said she didn't care. and that was it. I got lightheaded too. but yeah. If your friend is bisexual I don't think she's gonna care at all cause she's even considered an LGBT person. She would understand.

3. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

When I came out to my gay friend, I did it over Skype messaging because I would've felt so nervous doing it in person. Maybe you could do that if you want, but RvP's advice is good too.

Keep us updated!

4. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just maybe try to drop it into a conversation and try not to make it a big deal :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. ZuzHR

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am going to come out to my friend as well soon. I think that you should just say it quick and to the point instead of trying to explain.