1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my damnable ex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sarah, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Sarah

I dumped him on the 7th. He won't leave me alone. Just about every 30 minutes I get a text message from him. And every two days he says "why don't you ever talk to me anymore?" "Do you hate me?" "do you not want to talk to me?". It's so annoying.

I only talk to people if I'm in a relationship. I don't really text or talk on the phone other wise. And I've told him that a million times. Personally I don't really like to text or talk on the phone. Because I usually talk with gestures or my face or whatever. And its easier to see peoples reaction. And my ex just won't leave me alone. He keeps asking the same questions over and over and over and over again.

He thinks its all about him. He thinks that if I'm not talking to him that I hate him. I don't hate him. I don't hate anyone. I just don't talk to people a lot if it's not in person. And he just doesn't get it.

Today I was already kind of on edge because I was on a field trip all day and didn't get to see Chelsea at all. And my mom slapped me because i told her to "calm down" and she did need to calm down. And then he textd me saying "Sarah???? Are you going to break your promise and my heart?????" I never promised him that i would text him every moment of every day. And when I said I'm not talking to anyone really right now. He just kept saying "lik me?" "does tat include me?" "do you not want to talk to me?"

So I told him. "OH MY GOD! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!" I don't feel bad. He's just getting on my nerves and I don't know. Do you think that was mean?:dry:

2. Iceeh

Ohh man, I know how ya feel, my ex was like that when I broke up with him. And naw, I don't think that was mean, he needed to get the point that you didn't want to talk to him! ^-^

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Just be very specific.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How much have you told him about what's going on? I'd try a very direct approach, something along the lines of "At the moment I'd like to try and keep some distance between us, after everything that's happened I'd like a chance to recover. This doesn't mean that I hate you, because I don't, or that I never want to talk to you again. I just need some time away from you."

5. pirateninja

I concur with Maddy ^^

You need to tell him exactly what you want or what you do (for example, you said above that you'd prefer face to face talking and not on the phone). Sometimes, if not given explicit instructions (even to the tiniest detail), people plead ignorance.

6. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Sarah. Don't know the history behind you and your exboyfriend, but does HE know your new YOU? If you have split with him and not given him a reason, then it's not like you to leave him hanging. Yesterday had other negative things happen in your life, just make sure your not taking them out on him. luv ya, sweety.....

7. Remington

Just tell him he needs to shut the fuck up.

I've found that works wonders.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One good thing about texts is that they're unbelievably easy to avoid and skip over. Start avoiding them, and skipping over them.

...and it's funny about exes. How they're so damnable, and yet, they still managed to convince us to go out with them...

Lex

#8 Lexington, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  9. tylerzane69

he will see it as mean and to me knowing your story, it doesnt sound mean, its what had to be said, he was just focusing on him when you were trying to deal with everything and he wasnt being considerate to what you wanted... i would have done the same thing...

10. Louise

I don't think it was mean, I think this boy is behaving in a selfish and immature way. What could be good, and nice of you is to pick up the phone and tell him clearly that you have things in your life that you need to sort out, that you really don't have time or energy to spend with him and that you are sorry but this is just the way it is and that you have nothing against him.

You do actually need to say these words to him otherwise he is just going to continue badgering you and you are just going to end up getting stressed and upset then saying things too him then feeling mean about it and so the story goes on. There is only one way to end this and that is to tell him, face to face or by phone that you don't want to recieve any more texts and that from now on you won't be answering them.

11. Sarah

thanks u guys!