1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out..but not completely?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by winterbluue, May 4, 2016.

1. winterbluue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone! I hope you're doing good today :slight_smile:

I joined this forum a while back but have yet to be here much. I always feel a little strange putting myself 'out there' and be personal - I'm usually a private person in all aspects of life.

Anyway..

I am pretty much open about who I am (bisexual) and have always known this. I'm not unsure about it at all and also don't really care about who knows. However, since I am a private person and keep things to myself I don't exactly go around screaming it either. My philosophy has always been 'ask and I'll tell you'.

But to my question - is it okay to be a 'proud bisexual' but still not be 'official' about it? Be a part of the lgbt+ community but not be an 'advocate' for it?

I do enjoy supporting and would love to go to festivals and such, support others and be part of that whole thing - but personally I don't feel like I want to be in the center like that. Is this weird?

I sometimes feel like a hypocrite for feeling this way.. Wanting to be part of something yet not feeling comfortable giving my all.

---------

Does anyone else feel like this? Like they don't really know where they 'fit' in the whole scene/community.

/Anna :slight_smile:

2. gryf

You can be who you are without being an advocate.
    You can be supportive without being a leader.

I'm sure many are like you. I'm kinda getting there, but still introducing myself to the whole thing.

3. Dani F

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do think it's perfectly fine as that is part of your personality, I'm also a private person and in been so I dont really go out telling things but its not because I'm ashamed but it's because of whom I am. You don't need to do something that you aren't comfortable with.

4. winterbluue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you guys!! :slight_smile:

Yes, that is exactly how it is. I'm not ashamed of being me - people can either accept me or not, that is their decision. And I want to get out there more.. I guess I just have to do it in my own time, my own way.

5. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

That's fine! You do you. :slight_smile: