1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChokiE, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ChokiE

I used to frequent this forum a while back but I forgot all my old user names and passwords so I made a new account, I highly doubt anyone remembers me so yeah, I guess I'll tell a little bit about myself before I get started with the anger and what not. My real name isn't important anymore, just call me Chokie. I listen to noise (hardcore punk, doom, sludge, goregrind, etc.) and I sit in my room all day doing random shit.

Anyways, me and my parents are living with my lesbian aunt because we suffered through poverty, and crackhead dumbassery. So I've been desperately trying to get a job to no avail. My parents on the other hand are making no effort to get jobs. I seriously want to fucking beat the shit out of them, they're stressing me and my aunt out. My dad has replaced his drug addiction with alcoholism which is just beautiful. My mother is a whiny emo kid that thinks she is a worthless piece of shit and makes sure everyone else knows that she does. My dad keeps telling me about how his business is gonna take off again and I just want to tell him to swallow his fucking pride and get a job at McDonald's. My mom is hopeless, she'll probably kill herself soon so I've given up on her. Basically here's what I need to know, how do I go about cutting my parents out of my life if they're LIVING WITH ME?! They irritate the shit out of me, all my dad does is bullshit me over and over again, my mom just bitches and moans all day every day, what the fuck do I do?

2. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well you're almost an adult, and since they aren't acting like adults than move on and ignore their behavior. Just live your life, and don't let them ruin your life with the problems. Help them if you and they love each other, but it's your life now. You can't stay back and ruin it. Your mother issue is severe however, show her you love her.

But at the end your the pilot of your own life. If you trap by your parents youre going to look back with regret that you lost your youth

3. ChokiE

Thanks for the advice. Also, that pilot of your own life comment reminded me of the episode of that Disney channel show with the obnoxious twins.

4. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey chokie, I'll give you my perspective as a dad and grandad. You are in a helluva s**tstorm with an extremely disfunctional family, if they are truly in fact how you describe them. There is no easy answer to this in a couple of posts. You don't mention if you having bros or sisters because that would enter into the equation. Other than this forum, do you have a responsible adult that you trust that you can go to? School counsellor or teacher? There are some legalities involved since you are a minor but maybe you should be trying to seek some professional advice. I can only tell you that you can't help your parents until they start helping themselves and they appear to have a long way to go. In any event, they need PROFESSIONAL help, and there's not much you can offer them other than support and love, if you have that to give. If nothing works, I hate to say it, but if it were me, I would be getting out as quickly as I could. You have a whole life ahead of you and you can't go at it dragging the baggage you are attached to. Stay strong, keep talking to us and walk Proud my young friend.

Oh, and get a new Avator, one that's a little more up. That one is just plain creepy.

5. ChokiE

I've given all the love and support I can. I supported them, financially, and my four younger siblings for 8 months. You know what they were doing? Smoking crack. So yeah they don't want to make an effort to change so it's basically a "Fuck you guys I hate you" kinda situation. I'm going to go see a counselor soon so hopefully that will help me. Also I like my avatar.

6. stilsurchin

stilsurchin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You have to let your soul guide you on this one. It's a good idea to see a counsellor. If you do fly, what about the younger siblings?

7. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah I was thinking that as well, having siblings change
    the issue. I remember a movie like this called gracie choice, or something like that. It's about a teenage girl taking her siblings with her and raising them like their mother, since her mother was a total loser. She fought the court to take care of them, and all of them love her and they later became great members of society.

8. olides84

Hey, I remember you! Sorry, but the reason I remember was because what you had to deal with was so fu**ed up! You were like 'Heretic' or something and you had some god-awful situation where you might have to call social services on your druggie parents because of your younger siblings but you convinced them to move to your aunt's place.

Anyway, it'd be nice to break away but you still care a lot about what your siblings are going to endure, right? So talk to the counselor, and even more so, talk to your aunt. You two are the only functioning adults here. I think you can cope and deal with yourself because you've shown yourself to be intelligent and strong. But you've got to come up with some plan to make sure that your siblings have some positive influence in their upbringing.

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

If it gets to that breaking point the best thing to do would be to leave. I know it'll be hard and not what you want to do but it is an option you should really consider. Get out of that dangerous, hostile, and unsupportive environment. Do something about your parents. The last thing you need is getting dragged into their mess.

10. jangel

have you ever though of emancipation? at age 17 if you are fully able to support and make good decisions for yourself you can apply for emancipation (if there are reasons your parents are hindering your progress by being your guardian and in this case it sounds like they are). Go online look it up maybe ask your guidance counselor for help getting the process started and it sounds like your aunt would be a resonsible witness for you when you apply to attest that you would be better off. I am sorry you have to deal with this and I pray for you and your siblings that your parents get help. It seems like you are not into those destructive things and for that I can say your parents did something right..by showing you what not to do....go on with your life,...try to break the cycle and be a wonderful productive member of society. Wishing you all the best!

11. Alex19

im sure the schools can help. if u tell your councelor, especially that there are younger kids involved, the school will take action. if your situation is that dire, id recruit some help.