1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask about "the pill" or "period/hormone blockers without coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by seltaeb, May 4, 2016.

1. seltaeb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey I'm "Chris" (I hope one day)

The thing is (and I hope I am posting in the right area) i normally hate talking about "girl stuff" so I am so sorry. But how do I go about asking my mother if I could go on something to stop indefinitely my periods. (I hate saying that word) I'm not necessarily open about talking about "them" to my family because even the word makes me feel sick. And I'm so scared to ask if I could do something like that because I'd have to talk to someone about "them" and I cannot come out to my mother because I come from a strictly Catholic household. Nothing is abnormal about "them" but I just can't stand having "them" and I can't keep going like this because it just reminds me that I'm not a boy and I can never be one. And I just want to end it all whenever I think about "them" I'm so sorry if I'm in the wrong area about this Im just very lost for advice.

2. ThatOneAlien

You could try telling your mom that you get very bad cramps at that time. Tell her pain medicine isn't helping enough and you'd like to try something so that you don't have to deal with it. There are plenty of people who take the pill for that reason. I kind of doubt you could convince them to do hormone blockers without coming out, but birth control would solve this specific problem at least. I'm not sure what your family's views are on the subject but if you think they might be skeptical, you could look up some information, side effects, etc., so that you can convince them it's not going to do anything weird to your health and it's just like any other medicine. Good luck (*hug*) I know how much it sucks.

3. seltaeb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much, I will look into it :slight_smile: