1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel lost.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MackD, May 8, 2016.

1. MackD

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't want to make this long and bore anyone....

I'm Mack and I'm a 25 year old guy from Georgia. No other outlet and I came across this place and it just seemed friendly. I've never considered myself gay. I've always had girlfriends and always wanted to get married and have kids. A few years ago I started getting urges. I'd find myself Looking at craigslist ads or switching my dating profile to bring up males. I've had a few encounters with men. Down low. It felt odd but it didn't feel weird you know? I try not to act on that but recently I just can't stop thinking about it.

I find myself wanting men more than ever. I still acknowledge hot girls..I'm attracted to girls but I think getting older I'm realizing that I'm just attracted to men more and I have no clue what to do. I feel more comfortable around them and I just overall connect more with them. I haven't enjoyed women like I've enjoyed the men I've been with. I can't come out I feel like. I'm sure you're saying I probably don't really know but trust me...I know...I am gay....what do I do? I feel lost.

2. Butterfly2016

First of all, congrats on your realization :slight_smile: Next thing would be to just take some time to let it all sink in. Get to know yourself even more before you try to get into serious dating. Get familiar with your LGBT family, start attending events, etc.

3. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just try dating some more guys, but as Butterfly2016 said, "Get to know yourself even more before you try to get into serious dating." Maybe just try out casual dating and see if it feels right to you.

#3 Alexrocks1253, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  4. beebook

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're speaking right from my soul... I hope for you to fall in love very soon so that the last doubts be removed.
    ...btw., I think your wish "to get married and have kids" should definitely be a possibility, don't you think? ...certainly always depends on the whereabouts, but it's not impossible ;-)

5. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've come to realise that you're gay but you are still unsure what the rest of the world thinks about that.

Do you often feel that you are doing the things that other people expect you to? Maybe sometimes it feels like somebody else is making your decisions, even the ones you make yourself?

If you've spent your life doing what you thought you should, to achieve your goals of being married and having kids, that might have meant you had a clear map of your journey. Now that doesn't work for you anymore, you feel lost.
    Will being gay stop you doing the things you want in life and raising your own family with a loving partner or will it just mean that your journey will be different from the one you expected?

EC is a great place to work things out before you're ready to take on the world by the way.