1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrified

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheGreenWhat, May 10, 2016.

1. TheGreenWhat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Iv just gone 30 and I'm in a hetro relationship for the past three years. My girlfriend is great although she's a bit younger than me, 22. She's a gay supporter also.

I've had anger problems for most of life and increasing anxiety over the past few years. So I started counselling with CBT. Some very unnerving questions where being raised and from this I think I may have come to the conclusion that I'm gay. Even writing this I'm shaking and have butterflies. For some some reason I can't believe it but at the same time past events in my life make sense now. Even with my current girlfriend things now make sense. For nearly a year, probably longer, our sex life has deteriorated to practically nothing. I still love her I'm just distraught with confusion.

My parents are Christian so telling them at this point just seems impossible. Especially my father. I have no gay friends to confide in and most of male friends are fairly macho and I doubt they'll have my back. Or at least that's my fear.

Just feeling utterly lost...

2. Butterfly2016

Poor guy :frowning2: So sorry you're dealing with this. Seems I'm running into more and more people who ended up in the hetero trap. Not trying to be rude. I've been in it for almost 4 years and seems I'll never have a way out. No jobs in my town, too expensive to move out of town...its horrible. I hope we can all help each other though. Having good friends in the community can improve our lives.

3. TheGreenWhat

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks butterfly. I totally get you. I had to leave my job due to back issues. In a town where unemployment is high. I've reached out to some support groups in my area and I'll discuss it further with my counsellor on Thursday.

Like I was saying. My conclusions make sense. But I'm just so confused over it all. I guess I'm still in denial...